• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2012 contest?

Started by Uhadme@gobble, February 11, 2012, 05:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhadme@gobble

just wondering if there will be a photo contest or any other type contest for spring turkey season.

FinsnFur

You got your bird caged up already :laf:
Whether or not we do have the contest kinds of depends on what we have in the Fins and Fur Bank at the time.

Once the Bow contest is paid up she'll be running low. But we could always have a bragging rights contest. :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

code

I may be going bear hunting this spring so i am up for a bragging rights contest. try to shoot a turkey as big as a bear. :laf:
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

FinsnFur

Boy THAT would be some bragging rights! :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

OK, so how many people would be planning on Turkey hunting this spring? I'm trying to get an idea as to whether or not it would be worthy to have another contest.
Best picture, biggest beard/spurs? Throw a hundred bucks to a couple winners, same as last year.

Thanks to our members we now have a little loot back in the kitty to dish out. :congrats:
Last year we only had two people in the contest and I cant see that being worth while. If we cant get at least a half a dozen people to battle over it, then there 's not much interest in it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

I'll definitely be out turkey hunting!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  Hunting being the key word here.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Okanagan

Will have to pass.  We are differently abled in our part of the west, unable to hunt them due to being turkey range distributionally challenged.  :laf:  Go for it, however.  I enjoy the pics and stories.

bambam

Myself and my daughter will both enter if there is enough interest, and I'll donate a knife as a prize.

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 31, 2012, 08:27:01 AM

Thanks to our members we now have a little loot back in the kitty to dish out. :congrats:
Last year we only had two people in the contest and I cant see that being worth while. If we cant get at least a half a dozen people to battle over it, then there 's not much interest in it.

In this year's deer archery contests, we only had 2 entries in the picture contest and 3 entries in the big rack contest.  So are you going to cancel those contests too? 

FinsnFur

Cancel them too? :confused: Nothing has been canceled :huh:
The archery contest had 4 entries, which means 4 people posted pictures and stories to compete in the contest. There's still some competition there by the time the voting is done.

My reference of having two people in last years Turkey contest supersedes your version of the unwarranted misinterpretation by a long shot.  :laf:
If  only two people want to participate in the Turkey contest, do you honestly think it's worth the time to hold the contest and vote on the two entries? LOL
It'd be much more productive to send them each a hundred bucks and get started setting up the next contest. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

There are only TWO pictures in the photo contest.     :readthis:    And I'm pretty sure there is only THREE entries in the big rack contest.   

Soooooooo............using your reasoning there should not be an archery contest this fall due to lack of participation.   

Or is my counting all wrong??    :confused:

FinsnFur

Your counting is all wrong...kinda :laf:
All entries are placed together, the biggest turkey, as with deer rack, dictates itself. The remaining entries are used for the photo contest.

The four entries in last years bow contest were;
Spike
LighterKnot
Bisquit
Dave
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

iahntr

count me in too.
whether or not  I actually have entry,,, we'll see.
Scott

Dave

Spike and I are in.
And I think a lot of guys actually were out trying to bags birds and bucks, but just couldn't get that entry to come in that last 10 yards for the FNF record books.  I know I had my daughter out a few times last archery season, but couldn't quite close the deal on a buck.
I think she's out of the turkey contest, tough, as they get up a little too early for her  :rolleye:

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 31, 2012, 10:37:33 PM
Your counting is all wrong...kinda :laf:
All entries are placed together, the biggest turkey, as with deer rack, dictates itself. The remaining entries are used for the photo contest.

The four entries in last years bow contest were;
Spike
LighterKnot
Bisquit
Dave

To be technically correct, LighterKnot did not count because he did not include a FnF sign for the pictures.    :nono:    So there was only three.   

Quote from: Dave on April 01, 2012, 05:45:02 AM
Spike and I are in.
And I think a lot of guys actually were out trying to bags birds and bucks, but just couldn't get that entry to come in that last 10 yards for the FNF record books.  I know I had my daughter out a few times last archery season, but couldn't quite close the deal on a buck.
I think she's out of the turkey contest, tough, as they get up a little too early for her  :rolleye:

I think Dave is right.  More guys (and gals) hunt than are entered in to the contests but don't post because the deal did not get closed OR a previous entry beats their effort so why post.   

FinsnFur

Ok....the 2012 Turkey contest is a go. Were having some last minute discussions in the back and will get it posted.
And BamBam, I appreciate your generosity. :wink: Someone will be in touch with you.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Biscuit

KySongDog

I'm in too.   :biggrin:

But I probably won't post anything because the pickin's on the little patch of ground I've got to hunt has been kinda slim the last couple of seasons.     :madd:   :eyebrownod:

Coulter

I'll play too...if I remember to take a picture with my FNF thing-a-ma-jigger. I'm getting ready to announce the North Bay turkey contest
soon too for those of you with North Bay turkey calls. I can't really participate in that one so I'd be happy to jump in on the FNF contest.

Steve

HuntnCarve

Count me in too.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to get out?  I know of the where abouts of atleast one gobbler. -That's if I can keep Spike from tagging it first. :innocentwhistle: The way things are growing in these parts, the woods will be really thick by the time the season opens months end here in PA.  Deer ticks will be out in force!

HuntnCarve
Dave