• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My Opening Day

Started by WldWldWest, April 02, 2012, 09:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

Rolled out this morning with all my best friend's (By myself) to see if my bird's went to sleep where I left them yesterday...Low and behold they did! Saw alot of turkey's,  Killed this one but was holding out for a real pig but he wasnt having anything to do with my calls or set-up but this one stayed within range for 30 minutes or so strutting around so finaly I couldnt take it anymore and he was starting venture out of the Bang-Flop zone so I Bang-Floped him...9"beard and 1" spur's. After which the bird's never left the field so that meant I couldnt leave the blind without educating the rest so I sat there from 6:55 when I shot mine to 9:30 waiting on the rest to leave the field, In that time I had 7 definite shooter's walk into my decoy's at various time's. In all I saw 13 Gobbler's and an untold amount of hen's.

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

KySongDog

Nice going, Doug!!     Throw up a FnF sign and put that puppy in the Turkey Contest.    :readthis:

I sure hope I see more than what I have the past two seasons.   Its been pretty discouraging.   

HaMeR

Nice bird Wendy!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:  Now go shoot another one already!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

riverboss

Nice bird Doug!! I hope you get another one.

Coulter

Nice Going on the bird...you guys are killing me with these early season birds. I cant hunt until the end of April. I suppose that will give me some time to get that new muzzleloader shooting straight :eyebrow:

Congrats!!

blacky

That was a good morning. Congratulations.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

markTNhunter

nice bird WWW  :highclap: you need to run some of them birds out here to east Tennessee ill be lucky to see 13 all season out here in these mountains.

FinsnFur

Very nice. Now if you had any morals you could... :doh2:
By the way why isnt it in the contest? You dont like money? Got too much uh?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

:yoyo: SWEET!! It's tough when one just won't go away...
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

WldWldWest

Thanks Ya'll, I was proud to get him!

Jim that was my practice bird, That lil feller aint gonna win any contest :nono: But my next one...Look out! :biggrin:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

Congrats WWW!!  Nice Bird!!
Denver                                           

Frogman