• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bird's a plenty!

Started by WldWldWest, March 30, 2013, 05:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

Had a good morning this morning, My son Colt usually hunts with me every opening day and we have been lucky in being able to kill doubles for the last few years but he had to work so I had to go it alone :eyebrow:

I had a good idea where the were roosted so I set up accordingly, For decoy's I had a Jake in full strut and 3 hens in various feeding positions, The only calls I made were a few very soft tree yelps right after daylight that got them gobbling on the roost I shut up after that and let the decoy's do the work.

Right at fly down I had 5 Jakes strutting and courting my decoy's

Wasnt long before the hens pitched and landed in the decoy's.

All of the mature gobblers and a few of the hens pitched in another field but they couldnt stand all the frenzy going on in my field so it wasnt long before they came running!
It looked like a scene from "Walking Dead" They just kept coming :biggrin:
They were coming from all angles but was more concerned about killin em than taking pics :eyebrownod:

This seemed to be the Mack Daddy of the group, I had to reach across a bunch to get to him, he bangflopped at 40yds. 10" Beard and 1" spurs not a monster but I was thrilled.

This is him again after posing for the shot and before the burial in a sea of hot peanut oil! :biggrin:

Great hunt but I really missed my kid this morning, there were plenty of birds to go around :highclap:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Hawks Feather

Nice bird, but like you said I am sure it would have been better with Colt along.

Jerry

gravesco hunter

Looks like a nice bird,congrats

FinsnFur

Geez!...your decoy must be hotter then a whore house on Nickel Night :yoyo:

Nice shooting to pick out one that fit the cooker :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

KySongDog

Congrats, Doug!  Nice bird.   :yoyo:

coyote101

Way to go Doug!  :highclap: Nice knife you got there.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Cool deal!! Congratulations on a fine bird my Friend!! 
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

markTNhunter

Nice job WWW good bird! Your opening morning was a lot better than mine!

weedwalker

Nice bird Doug. Congrats.:D

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

WldWldWest

Thanks for the comment's guy's :biggrin: but even a blind...Well you know the rest :shrug:

Thanks for noticing the Green River Pat :highclap: It's quickly becoming my favorite Knife :eyebrownod:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!