• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

SC Trip!

Started by keekee, September 25, 2006, 11:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Here is a few pic's from last weeks trip. We have had better trips the wind and water were bad last week. We cought alot of Black Drum, a few Spot Tails, lots of Sharks, limeted out on Spanish Mac a couple days some Flounder and some Trout. Even cought a tripple tail. But no King Macs last week.

Still had a great trip! Lots of sun, Buds, and friends! Cant beat that!

But a little advise is to stay away from the hot mexican foods! The will hurt ya! (Inside Joke for Jim!)

We will start with a nice sun rise pic!

Here is my dad and uncle, just waiten for some action!

Here is my bud Brian waiten for some action to, we did that alot last week with the winds and bad water!

Here is uncle bob with a Mother-in-law fish! Well really is a Toad fish but thats name is better!

Here is a friend of mine's little girl. This Spinner Shark is giving here a good run for her money! It was about a 4 footer!

Here is a pic of a red I cought...... 39"

Here is a pic of one of many big sharks I brought to the pier last week. With the water and winds we had there were a ton of these around all week from 3' to 10'. I think I cought 5 day or more with everyone else getting about the same amount of runs per day. Black Tips, Spinners, and I even got a Sharp nose or two.

Here is a look at some of our rigs and carts........

We had some come to viset and check things out as well.....

And last but not least.....Fish On!

Brent

canine

Nice pictures Brent!  I didn't however, see any of anyone peein off the dock though :shrug:

Glad ya had a fun and safe trip, looks like the scenery there on the deck wasn't to bad either :huh:

When is the date for the FNF'R fish fry?? :innocentwhistle:

JD

Todd Rahm

Cool pics Kee and sounds like a blast. I sure would love to do that shark fish'n thing myself. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

keekee

No pic's of anyone peen off the pier....lol....There might have been if you had made the trip JD! :roflmao:

I brought home alot of fish, so next time you down we will break out the grill! :eyebrownod:

AK,

It was a blast, but we were not targeting sharks. We were after King Mac's but with the water we had it was full of sharks. They wont let us put them on the pier so we haft to break them off when we get them in. Its a shame to Blacktip sharks are some of the beast eaten in the sea!

I had a couple spottails and Black drum cut in half as I was waiting for a net to get them on the pier by sharks, and so did others as well. They got a real problem with them down there right now. Even had one nice flounder cut in half at the pier.

Brent

fuzz624

nice pics Brent.Looks like you had a good time.I bet you got some nice fillets off that red.I have one question about the mother-in-law fish.Did you name it that because it is really ugly or did it come out of the water bitching and complaining :roflmao:

Bob D

OK Kee,
Glad you had a good fishing trip. However you forgot to post the " other" pictures you promised us. Ya know what I'm talkin bout. :)

keekee

Fuzz,

They have called then that sinse I was a kid.  :roflmao:

It was a little cold for the good pic's! :argh:

Brent

Bopeye

It looks just like my mother-in-law, but the fish is a little sexier......... :eyebrownod:

Can you keep shark?
It would be cool to catch one of those bad boys...... :wink:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

That does look like a good time.
Look at Brian, all helping that guy out so he can look at his lady. LOL!  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Bop,

Sharks are legal to keep by state law. They have sizes on them but they are legal.

But here is the deal. Horry county, is the county we fish in passed a law that says you cant land any sharks on the beach or piers. If you do, you get a nice fine and you can be took to jail!

Here is the deal with that......Now that you cant keep the sharks they have took up home around the piers and beach areas. There is lots of food there, and no one bothers them. They lay under the pier now and when you get a nice fish they bite it in half! Its hard to even land a big fish with out them cutting it in half!

This problem will get alot worse, I have seen the diffrence just in the last 3 years, this year was the worse I have ever seen. Its just a matter of time before someone gets hurt there. They are going to have a big problem if they dont do something!

Jim......I hear ya! :roflmao:

Brent

kyray

That's a nice looking pier kee. It's a shame they won't let ya land those lawyer fish! Your missing out on some good eating. Grilled blacktip are delicious! Seems like in the last few years, the whole coast is going anti-shark. We used to bring them up on the pier all the time, but it's frowned on now even where I go on Topsail Island. Don't think they have completely outlawed it yet though. kyray

keekee

I agree Ray! Blacktip is some of the best eating there is!

Its a shame that it is like this and the bad thing is the piers didnt have anything to do with this law, it was a county thing! And it is only hunrting the pier and the fishing!

And will at sometime hurt the swimmers!

Brent

bushmaster

Hey, that looked like one of the piers at myrtle.  ?
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.