• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

just a lil one...

Started by Dale, May 05, 2016, 10:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

here's a photo of a striper I got down on the Chesapeake Apr 23rd, just off the Annapolis Harbor... 41" 25.8# spawned out female... when I got her to the boat, I almost turned her back thinking she hadn't spawned yet as fat as she looks, but then I thought how hard we had to work on them to catch, so in the box she went... when I cleaned her out she had spawned but had a 1½# herring in her stomach, that's why she looked so fat...

when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

slagmaker

Nice fish ya got there. Thanks for sharing.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Dave

Wow that's a nice fish.  She'd go in my box for sure!
Looks like you were chunkin?

pitw

Nice sized fish.  Is that salt of fresh water?
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

That's damn near as big as my kayak Dale!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I think you should be very happy with that 'little' one.

Jerry

Dale

we were in the Chesapeake Bay below the rt 50 bridge so they consider that salt water, although it's 60-70 miles from the ocean at that point, there are still 2½' tide changes there... not much difference then down at the mouth of the bay in Va...
Quote from: Dave on May 06, 2016, 02:18:16 PM
Wow that's a nice fish.  She'd go in my box for sure!
Looks like you were chunkin?

actually we were trolling, got this one on a high/low rig, dual bucktail's with sassy shad on them, one 8 oz on a short lead and a 4oz on a long leader, plus I had 4oz trolling weight at the end of the main line ahead of a 10' or so leader...

Quote from: nastygunz on May 07, 2016, 08:26:43 PM
Nice stripah!

yeah sure is...

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 08, 2016, 12:32:15 AM
That's damn near as big as my kayak Dale!

there are quite a few guys out fishing them in kayaks... don't know how they do but you see them out there all the time...

Jerry, I was quite happy with it, and it ate oh so good...  I filet them out, then slice the filets into fingers... from there you can do anything you want with them, breaded and deep fried, seasoned and stir fried, baked, broiled, boiled or used in soup/chowder... just good eating no matter how you do it...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...