• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Rock Island Armory VR 60 AR 12 Gauge 3" mag Shotgun

Started by 1snafu, November 12, 2022, 08:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1snafu

I bought one a few months ago. Took it out to test the screw in full choke. Using 3" mag Rem buffered 4 Buck. I was quite surprised on how tight the pattern was 65-70 yrds out. Pattern was roughly 6-7' diameter. Not to shabby for a 20" barrel.

Okanagan

Wow!  That's an incredibly tight pattern.  They are making great improvements in shotgun chokes.

Glad you got a good one.

Hawks Feather

That is really impressive coming from a 20 inch barrel. It says that it comes with 'chokes' can you share how many and what they are?

Thanks

nastygunz

Specs

Caliber – 12 Gauge
Capacity – 5 Round box magazine
Barrel Length – 20 inches
Action – Semi-Automatic gas operated
Chokes – Full, modified, and improved cylinder.
MSRP – $499.00

1snafu

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 12, 2022, 10:23:06 PMThat is really impressive coming from a 20 inch barrel. It says that it comes with 'chokes' can you share how many and what they are?

Thanks

I would have to check on that. It came with 2 choke tubes. One being full choke. I'll post later what the other tube is. I've owned many shotguns in the past. All had varied length barrels & all were factory full choked shotgun. I was very surprised on the pattern tightness of this shotgun. It also came with a thick butt pad installed. I took it off & put the hard plastic one on. She kicks like a mule. But I do not care.

One shotgun I owned was a FC 36" barrel Marlin Goose Gun(circa; 1980-83). I used it on the coyotes. My farthest kill was 110 yrds. That male coyote weighed 50 lbs on a feed grain scale. Coyote took (2) #4 Buck @ 100yrds & the kill shot was (1) #3 Buck @ 110yrds. Patterns from what I recall back then were roughly 12-15' diameter.

1snafu

Ok, found the other choke tubes. Shotgun came with 3 tubes, full, modified & improved.

1snafu

I also bought mine on sale. Cost me a tad over $300.00. I have yet to kill any critter with it. But I expect to this season.

1snafu

One more thing worth mentioning. When I 1st started using Buckshot. I was using non-buffered Buckshot. But started using buffered & noticed a much tighter group at longer ranges. I believe the buffering cuts down on pellet crowding/deformation as it exits the muzzle.

Hawks Feather

1snafu

Your welcome. I plan to mount a mini cam on my shotgun barrel. For some recorded calling stands.

1snafu

60 yards Rem 3" mag BB. That limb on the left end is roughly 4' long. Where it sticks out of the water. Buy use what you want. But this 20" barrel shotgun is top shelf in my book.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz