• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Just because it is New

Started by Bills Custom Calls, September 29, 2011, 08:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

Doesn't mean it works
A couple weeks ago a farmer up the road calls me and tells me his old 30 Ferguson tractor is setting in the field and it quit charging  so he took the generator and had it checked all checked out fine I asked if he checked the regulator while he was at it nope he new enough to take the generator off and put it back on and wanted me to take over on this job no problem
6 volt system positive ground no problem I run a couple tests and yep needs a reg and a new battery he said he would call me when he gets the parts
Battery in reg put on and polorized should work like a new one still not charging
Run some more test and it shows the reg being bad so I call the place the reg was bought and he tells me nope can't be just needs grounded but I put a new ground on it straight from the battery
Bring the reg and the gen back out i will test them here no problem
yep the reg is all corroded inside he cleans it up and all is good I put it all back on and yep working good now  :yoyo: Monday evening the farmer calls me and says the tractor quit charging again  :argh: I told him I leave for NY Tue Morning but I will get to it as soon as I get back
This morning I run some test and yep reg not working  :rolleye: I call the place he bought the reg from and the feller tells me yeah I don't like these they are very cheap and built in China bring it back and I will give you another one
I asked is it from the same place same junk I am working with right now  yep
So I will try another one and if it gives any problem I will take it back and get a refund and look for another supplier
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Yep, been there :eyebrownod:
Changed a fuel pump three times once before I got one that worked. :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com