• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Red Hat Small Distress

Started by Rick Howard, September 12, 2013, 06:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Howard

These are pretty popular.  I finally got through making a couple that were not already gone :)

These are my small distress calls.  These are $25 each.  I cover shipping.  PayPal is preferred.  Message me to arrange payment and shipping.

Left to right Bocote, Honduras Rosewood

Formerly known as itzdirty

Rick Howard

I meant to put this in the original post.  I just did these demo videos last week and keep forgetting to put them in the post.

FinsnFur

Whats the trick to get that flutter? I like it. It pissed off the cat though :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Rick Howard

I quiver my jaw.  You can get a similar sound if you gargle or purr.  If I'm calling for a long time and my jaw gets tired I switch to the purr for a bit.  Most of my calling is done with my lip curled around my teeth.  I am not all the way at the tip on this call for the bird sounds.  My lip is about 2/3-3/4 away from the base.  This is my variation of the tounge fluttering birdie.  I use the tougne flutter too, I do it in the video, but this gives me another option. 

FinsnFur

Interesting. I was one of those kids in school that could never do the tongue roll purr sound. :laf: Still cant
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Rick Howard

Now you have 2 other options to try....  The purr I was talking about it just like gargling mouth wash. 

Coulter

Dude...Mouth wash? Jim don't even own a toothbrush! :biggrin:

Seriously though...nice calls. Lots of sound capability in those bad boys. My dog took a keen interest in them as well.

Steve

Rick Howard

LOL. 

Thank you for the kind words.  I work hard at tuning the calls.

Todd Rahm

I'll be picking one of these up from ya soon. What other woods ya use?

Enjoyed your call making videos too.

Rick Howard

Thanks Todd.  It was fun to make the videos.  I am glad you enjoyed them too.  Don't miss your chance to win one of these little buggers.  Post in my showcase thread so you get entered into the drawing. (I think that is how it works)

I have these woods available right now (calls still have to be made)

$25
Canary
Cobobolo
Bocote
Kingwood
Honduras Rosewood
Ligum Vitae
Spalted Maple
Zebrawood

Olivewood ($35)
African Blackwood ($40)
Striped Ebony ($30)

$20
Maple
Walnut
Ash
Osage (orange)

If there was something else you were after... Let me know and I will see what I can do.  Deposits are required on out of stock wood and there will be a waiting period.  I do my best to get wood that is ready but, even then they still have to acclimate to my shop before I will turn them.  Waiting times will vary based upon the stock I can bring in, other orders, my work and school shcedule, the bosses agenda.....