• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Turkey versus crossbow

Started by coyote101, November 23, 2013, 04:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I took the crossbow to the turkey woods this morning to try my luck. I had the decoys out and was set up in my blind by 5:30. About an hour later the woods started to come alive with turkeys flying down from the roost. I watched them and made turkey noises at them for thirty or forty minutes and finally a few started heading towards my decoys. When they got close enough I let fly and.......turkey down.

Standard hero shot.

Turkey death chamber.

It's almost time to update my sign.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HuntnCarve

Way to go Pat!  You make it look easy. :laf:

Dave

KySongDog

gravesco hunter

nice bird,should be some good eatin

Hawks Feather

Great shot and just in time for Turkey Day!

Jerry

weedwalker

Congrats Pat!! Just in time for Thursday dinner. :yoyo:

possumal

Good going, Pat. Now its time for gobble gobble.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

You need to start a turkey guiding business.  How many are you guys allowed to kill?  Do you just buy your tags over the counter?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

Quote from: JohnP on November 25, 2013, 03:00:31 PM
You need to start a turkey guiding business.  How many are you guys allowed to kill?  Do you just buy your tags over the counter?

John,

I've taken a couple of guys out to get their first turkey. I'm taking another guy tomorrow to try for his first with a bow. Their success has very little to do with me, and a lot to do with the place we're hunting. It is loaded with turkeys.

In Kentucky, we can kill four birds during the fall season. No more than one a day, only one with a beard longer than 3 inches, and no more than two with a gun.

Tags can be bought over the counter, or they are included in our Sportsman's license. There is no draw or quota system for turkeys in Kentucky.

A lot of turkey hunters only hunt the spring season and wouldn't think of shooting a hen. I like the fall season just as much as the spring and have no problem shooting a hen. You should come and give it a try.

Pat 
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

He does make it look easy! Thats why we didnt have a Turkey contest this year. The others said they werent going to participate if Pat was allowed to to.  :shrug:

I'm Kidding :eyebrownod:

Nice work. I love the ground level shot.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

Where can you buy those "Turkey death chambers?"  I want one!   :sad:

shaddragger

Quote from: Dave on November 26, 2013, 05:30:19 AM
Where can you buy those "Turkey death chambers?"  I want one!   :sad:

Me too!   :bowingsmilie:
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen