• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Im sitting on a fortune!

Started by nastygunz, August 21, 2019, 09:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I was just about those boys age when I went with my brothers and sisters to a local cow pond called tickle naked pond to do some perch fishing with a bobber and worms. Off on the side of the cow pasture eventually I noticed this old gentleman  about up to his knees in the water doing this weird casting with this strange line so I had to go investigate so I sat on a rock about 50 feet from him and watched him and every now and then he would pull a big bass in. I had never seen anything like it!   When he waded back to shore I went over and asked him what kind of fishing that was and he told me that it was fly fishing and he showed me the pole and the reel and told me about the line and showed me the fly  that he was using and I was fascinated by it.  I vowed when I grew up I was going to do that and eventually I did! And as luck would have it I spent many a good evening fishing with that same old gentleman whose name was Kenneth Eastman of Groton, Vermont. And I  always remember his pork pie hat he always wore with his pipe clenched between his teeth and a beautiful graceful fly cast. And what a smart humble gracious man he was.  :bowingsmilie: