• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I took my little muzzle loader out this afternoon.....

Started by coyote101, December 11, 2022, 07:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

....to see if I could get some venison. About 4:15 this big old gal and some of her friends came by. I'll be busy for a couple of days making cubed steak, summer sausage, and jerky.

She took a .50 caliber Powerbelt through both lungs, and ran about fifty yards before she folded up.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

Man, Pat, you are efficient-- among your other traits!  Cubed steak, summer sausage... making me hungry.

Hawks Feather

JohnP

Good shooting Pat and why is that field still green?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

Quote from: JohnP on December 12, 2022, 12:41:53 PMGood shooting Pat and why is that field still green?

Winter wheat, John. It's just a few inches tall now and will remain short till spring. By late April or May, depending on the weather, it will be a couple of feet tall.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

That is awesome.  Would be fun to try that thing on a moose.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

That inspires me to get back into muzzleloading. I used a CVA OPTIMA .50 pistol.

coyote101

Quote from: nastygunz on December 12, 2022, 06:36:02 PMThat inspires me to get back into muzzleloading. I used a CVA OPTIMA .50 pistol.

Do it.  :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

Coulter