• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Back to the coyotes

Started by 1snafu, September 18, 2022, 06:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1snafu

I haven't coyote hunted in quite a few yrs now. Been spending my hunt time on finding a fresh lion track(easier said than done). Been at that since 2006. During that time I missed a few opportunities. Anyway no quit in me, Recently I bought a Wraith night vision scope for my AR rifle. Not for night hunting but for getting some kill shots on video. I also went from a 243wssm upper, back to a 223 upper. As 243wssm ammo is no longer made by Olin. From what I've read. I will also be hunting a different county. Which is very hilly with lots of timber. That county still has a few lions as far as I know.

Good hunting to all of you.

snafu

Okanagan

Best of luck on finding a cougar and tagging it! 

Our lion season opened Sept. 1 here and I've been hauling a rifle and hand call around in my rig when elk scouting and roaming, just in case one crosses the road.  We don't usually target lions till after the rest of the big game seasons, and then we mostly wait for some snow to track them.

JohnP

Shouldn't this be in the predator forum?  At any rate, this is what a live lion looks like.

And this is what a dead one looks like after killing a coues doe in my daughters back yard.  I've killed enough of them that I have no desire to kill another. 

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

1snafu

Quote from: Okanagan on September 19, 2022, 10:33:21 AMBest of luck on finding a cougar and tagging it! 

Our lion season opened Sept. 1 here and I've been hauling a rifle and hand call around in my rig when elk scouting and roaming, just in case one crosses the road.  We don't usually target lions till after the rest of the big game seasons, and then we mostly wait for some snow to track them.

Only large critter here that is protected are Wolves. Black Bear & Puma don't have a season. They both, are not protected so are open season.