• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Getting some beaver...

Started by Coulter, December 18, 2022, 01:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Get your minds out of the gutter you dirty old pervs...Somebody needs to liven this part of the board up a bit.

It's been a while since I set any traps for beaver. But, with the way this year has gone so far I figured why not? Besides, I still need to acquire some bait for fisher trapping. Here's one of my new found spots...

Found a nice run coming out of the bank here. You can barely see my trap right in the run underwater.

Pulled a muskrat out of this set this morning...

And I hate it when this happens, but a catch is a catch. I ended up up catching this beast by the tail. Of course this only happens when you don't bring your trapping gun with you and you're a long ways from home.

First time Christine has got to see the beaver traps in action. No, I didn't have her try to squeeze that hawg into her packbasket. I don't think he would have fit. I carried him out in mine and she carried the tools. (Yes, she is a licensed trapper).

Steve

Todd Rahm

That's awesome!! You using 330's?

My local HOA asked me trap out problem otters and beaver. I gladly accepted.  :biggrin:

Gona set a few drowning sets, 330's and 280's, probably next week.

Headed to Kokomo right now to visit our friend Tim.  :yoyo:

Coulter

330 Belisles...Love those traps! Nice on the HOA property. Sounds like a good deal, good luck and have fun with them.

Dude! I tried to go see Tim and couldn't get in until the summer of '24. Did you have something setup from a while back? I kind of backed off on that visit for a bit. I may try again if I can't find anybody else. 

Todd Rahm

I think this was made 8 months ago. I'll be planning my other arm while there.

FinsnFur

Everyone likes em some Beaver  :eyebrow:
What did that beast weigh? I'm going to guess 42 lbs :biggrin:
I think Beaver are the only thing making the trip worth while right arent they? Rats around here are barely bringing a buck apiece.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Well let's see it Todd! What did you have done?

Jim...Hell, the beaver aren't getting much more than that either :doh2: I didn't weigh him, I don't have a scale at the house anymore. I'm guessing he pushed the scale at 45-50.