• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Amarillo By Morning

Started by JohnP, March 05, 2023, 12:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

JohnP

All of our girls were into horses and rodeo competitions, one with barrel racing, She had a Quarter horse and won many blue ribbons. One had an Arabian and she also placed high in the show ring.  But the other, Mandy was still making up her mind as to what she would do, we hadn't bought her a horse yet.  We went to a rodeo in Texas as the other two girls were to participate in their respective areas of competition. While watching the bull riders Mandy spoke up and said that she would like to try it.  They had a kid bull riding event, I was about to say let's get you signed up when I got that look from my wife.  So I said to Mandy maybe when you get a little bigger, she was thirteen at the time. My wife then went to help our daughter get ready for the show ring. Mandy then said let's go down and sign me up, mom isn't here.  So at the risk of being shot, I got her signed up.  To make an already long story short, I signed her up.  When my wife came back she asked where was Mandy, so I just said she is probably down there with her sisters.  When the kid's events started I was thinking this isn't going to end well.  After about three riders got bucked off the announcer said "and in gate number three is a young gal from Arizona.  If looks could kill I would be dead.  The gate opened and out she came on a Brahma young bull. She lasted the required eight seconds but didn't place high enough to win any ribbon.  When she came back she was all smiles and said "let's find the rancher and buy that bull." I did not think he would be for sale, but he was and I bought him.  He got as friendly as a puppy and would come to the gate as soon as he saw her.  I got a picture of him and her I'll look for it and post it.

This is the same Mandy that now outfishes and out hunts me.

Okanagan

What a gal!  Love the story.

JohnP

As promised, you would not believe how many pictures I had to go through to find this.