• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Good hunting weather and poor health

Started by Okanagan, March 11, 2023, 12:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

We have snow squalls drifting across our nearby mountains, especially gorgeous today, with fresh powder snow all across the range.

On the other hand, a blood test three days ago says that my A1c is 11, whatever that means.  Blood sugar is 269, which they tell me is high, and probably the reason I am so sleepy and lethargic and don't want to go do anything.  I got my gear together but never have gone out to call a coon, and only one brief foray after cougar this whole winter.

One of my docs got kind of excited about the A1c at 11, concerned I might die, and another doc put me on some meds but is kind of casual about it.   :shrug:

Anybody know anything about this stuff?  Other than lethargy, I feel OK.  Do people recover their energy?

JohnP

On my wife's recent neck operation, her doctor would not operate until she got the count to 7 or less, so I guess it is important. 

I've had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel for the past year. Not going to change a damn thing, nobody is getting out of this world alive. 

Almost forgot --- good morning.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

A high hemoglobin A1c , or A1C, shows your body has difficulty regulating glucose levels. An A1C of 6.5% or higher indicates diabetes. Dangerous levels of A1C are 9% and higher. An A1C above 9% increases the risk of long-term diabetes complications like blindness, nerve damage, and kidney failure.Feb 28, 2023

nastygunz

In general, a blood sugar reading of more than 180 mg/dL or any reading above your target range is too high. A blood sugar reading of 300 mg/dL or more can be dangerous. If you have 2 readings in a row of 300 or more, call your doctor.

High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia) - Michigan Medicine

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: Okanagan on March 11, 2023, 12:07:19 PMWe have snow squalls drifting across our nearby mountains, especially gorgeous today, with fresh powder snow all across the range.

On the other hand, a blood test three days ago says that my A1c is 11, whatever that means.  Blood sugar is 269, which they tell me is high, and probably the reason I am so sleepy and lethargic and don't want to go do anything.  I got my gear together but never have gone out to call a coon, and only one brief foray after cougar this whole winter.

One of my docs got kind of excited about the A1c at 11, concerned I might die, and another doc put me on some meds but is kind of casual about it.   :shrug:

Anybody know anything about this stuff?  Other than lethargy, I feel OK.  Do people recover their energy?

Mine not as bad as yours
Mine was only 7.6 they the doc was having a fit  :shrug:
Fuzzy