• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Minneapolis in BIG trouble

Started by FinsnFur, August 01, 2007, 08:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

You guys see the major bridge collapse on the news?
Holy crap  :shck: :shck:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

Didnt see it but heard, cant touch the TV when momma's watchin her Yankees...

They're interupting the game as I'm typing to report it...

FinsnFur

Looks like a helluva disaster.
Reports of  the bridge trembling while contractors made some repairs and were running a jack hammer. I wonder who the maroon was that cut the frame.

Seriously though, they have got a heck of a mess over there. The thing was loaded with traffic.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

It looks bad from where I'm sitting....... :sad:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

KySongDog

ohiobob

Damn,I have been busy and havent even Heard of it,but I will Google it,,Didnt they have an Episode of Mythbusters about it Not taking to much to Bring a Bridge down with one bad Lick or something like that  :confused:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

keekee

Thats not good at all! It was rush Hr and they said there was bumper to bumer trafic! Thats a bad deal!

Brent

Bills Custom Calls

What a shame   This is not good   A school bus full of kids almost went in the river
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

R Buker

It's amazing that with the bumper to bumper traffic there wasn't more folks hurt or killed. 

That's a main crossing  in the cities and they figure somewhere around 140,000 cars use that each day.  It's going to be a hell of a mess for those commuting in that area for a VERY long while.

ohiobob

I saw the Video clip today,it did NOT take long for that Bridge to collapse  :sad: damn,what a mess,they said 7 Dead but up to 30 Missing  :sad:
How old was this Bridge,It said on the newscast that the Bridge was deemed unsafe a couple years ago BUT the Engineers said there was NO HURRY to replace it because it would be OK. W T F ??? how far away are you guys Jim and Buker ???
Bob

nailbender

Helluva mess up there.  The bridge was built in '67 , only 40 yrs old.  Sure going to screw up traffic for a long time even after the initial shock wears off.

browning204

Quote from: Silencer on August 01, 2007, 08:19:08 PM
Didnt see it but heard, cant touch the TV when momma's watchin her Yankees...

They're interupting the game as I'm typing to report it...

Why do you allow The Yankees on your TV???

seriuosly, that wicked sucks!!!!  I can't believe it. There is gonna be another huge ivestigation and lots of finger pointing. Kinda like we had with the big dig tunnel collapse.

I feel so bad for those people and their families!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

ohiobob

Quote from: nailbender on August 02, 2007, 11:35:04 AM
  Helluva mess up there.  The bridge was built in '67 , only 40 yrs old.  Sure going to screw up traffic for a long time even after the initial shock wears off.

They only have 1 or 2 Bridges crossing the Mighty Mississippi ??? 140,000 Cars a day,,that is A LOT OF TRAFFIC !!! so it COULDNT have been worse because they were Bumper to Bumper on the Bridge already ??? I seen where there were a few Cars sitting on top of the Bridge above the waterline,,those have got to be the Luckiest People on Earth on that give day that they DIDN'T go in the water or get crushed,,it is just a BAD SITUATION all around,and I think you are right Mike,,there will be all kids of finger pointing  :sad:
Bob

R Buker

Nope, it was never said that the bridge was "unsafe."  The last engineering report said there were "structural deficiencies."  But, the report also concluded that it was safe and wouldn't have to be replaced until 2020 or shortly thereafter.

I'm about 100 miles away from Minneapolis.  You couldn't pay me to live in that rat race!

Lots of friends and family down there though.

ohiobob

Randy
I don't blame you about NOT living anywhere near a big city,,There is NO WAY I could do it  :rolleye: Looks like the Engineers were off by 13 years ! do you think those Engineers will get the FULL BLAME for this Catastrophe ???
Bob

R Buker

I'll bet they do get blamed.  Something that they "should" have caught but didn't. 

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

It's goingto get ugly pretty soon.

FinsnFur

It's a long way from me, prolly 6 hours.
It's practically Bukers back yard.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Rich

My son lives up there.  The day of the collapse, my son crossed that bridge you can see still standing. His son Casey goes to University of Minnesota and lives just a few blocks from the collapsed bridge. If you saw the interview on T.V. with the guy who helped all of those kids off from the school bus, That was Casey's room mate. Hey, the russians got better pictures of the disaster than anyone else I think. Look here.  http://drugoi.livejournal.com/2280005.html
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

FinsnFur

wo those are some amazing pics. I never really realized the magnitude of it until I seen those pics. Mannnnnn  :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

ohiobob

After seeing these Pics I realize that there was MANY LUCKY PEOPLE that day,,that School Bus was lucky along with a few other people,,that is just unbelievable,,it will make ya think the next time ya cross a Bridge !!!
Bob