• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My first field tests on the Fury

Started by possumal, December 28, 2008, 05:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

The weather has been rainy and windy all week, with today being the first chance I have had to do any field testing on the new Fury. My buddy, Chuck, and I went out for about an hour this afternoon and tried a bunch of setup scenarios to test the remote functions. I have taken some pictures that I feel demonstrate clearly how dependable the remote is under trying circumstances. We ran other setups too, but these clearly show that normal setups will be a piece of cake for the caller.  The first picture shows the first test. Chuck put the Fury on the ground behind the big trees you see in the picture, with weeds and briars all around, 306 yards from the caller to me.  All features worked without a hitch including the ten presets.  Then Chuck took the Fury into the wooded area shown in the second picture, and sat it on the ground behind a big oak, 40 yds. from the field. It was very uphill from where he sat the Fury to the open field.  I went across the field 200 yds to the other side of a dividing ridge, as you can see in the picture a total of 240 yds from the Fury to me.  Again, all features worked flawlessly. We ran other setups at varying ranges in varying degrees of cover, and again, all features worked flawlessly.  More tests next time out. Here are the pictures:

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

yucca

Hello Al,

Thank you for the review. It seems like the remote works well enough. I never place my fx3 much futher than 40 yds. We kill a greater precentage with the shotgun. You just have a better kill precentage inside of 200 yds overall.

Are customers getting any upgrade in sound quality? Battery life? Or is it just strictly a "remote upgrade".

Thanks,
Richard

possumal

Yucca, the field testing by the staffers is just now underway, but there are improvements in the ecaller itself too. You have two external speaker ports, each one representing one channel of the stereo amplifier, and you can control the volume and turn them on and off with the remote.  Too early to report on all features, but it seems to have improvements in all areas.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

yucca

I'm looking forward to more of your reports.
Thanks Again!