• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Friday's set-up 2-6-09

Started by SCcoyotehunter, February 07, 2009, 11:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

I went back to where I heard the two yipping last week. I took some pics of my area but no luck on calling them back in.

The blue is the tripod where I was calling from and the red is where I heard the coyote yipping. I had already climbed down from the tripod and was on the ground gathering up my decoy when he started yipping. i had to find a quick place to hide.  I could not see it because of the rise in the field.

This is the back of the field where I heard the other one. The tripod is to the right in this picture.

This shot is in between the other two. You can see the tripod in this one.
I went to the back of the field on Friday because from here I can watch the downwind side of the field and from this deer stand I could make a long shot if one decided to cross or circle.
No takers today.
Can't wait to shoot one with my new rifle.

Silencer

I'm not good enough to give much advice but it sounds like you got busted when he was yippin at ya.

Beautiful area ya got there.

John_NY

Man that looks so nice. I gave up going. Getting too old to be trudging through  all the snow we have here. Good luck on your next trip out.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

spec

I enjoy seeing other hunters actual set-ups.  It is tough to grasp the entire picture as we generally see only one view and don't have a real "feel" of the lay of the land.  I have also often wondered how many hunters think to themselves that from what they see that they would have an entirely different set up.

FinsnFur

I'm going to say you got busted also. But I wouldnt give up on em.
Change up your approach going into the area, and ignore that tree stand a while, one of them for sure, has already associated it with danger.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Good looking place Fasternel, I have had good luck calling in Bobcats from elevated stands but no Coyotes, had several coming in but have not closed the deal on one from the Elevated stands yet. don't know why? May work better if you have a remote call where the sound is not coming from the stand. I believe I would get down in the cedars. (It will be about two weeks before I will be able to do any hunting ( having my Gall Bladder taken out tomorrow) If you would like to we will try to get together for a hunt one day. cc