• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

First 10+ days as a trapper

Started by Brad H, December 10, 2006, 05:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

First catch was a cottontail. This was kind of expected in this location though.

This is the remake minus some extra sage camo on the fencing and chain.

And my first cat. A small one but an ice breaker none the less.

A solid catch on this one too with a Montana #3 reg.

The walk through exposed trap remake.

Hawks Feather

Brad,

Kinda fun to walk out there and find something in one of the traps that you have set, isn't it?

Jerry

FinsnFur

There's not much I enjoy more then looking at trapping photos. I dont know what it is.
If it's the various expressions all brought to life....the close ups, the poses or what.

Brad that 3rd pic is wallpaper material. Very nice Bud  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

It was fun, Jerry. Even better, I didn't see it and it jumped and hissed or something and scared the hell out of me. Bad enough that I ended up falling backwards. An experinece I won't forget. Neither will  the friend I brought along that saw the whole thing and is probably still laughing.lol

I like trapping pics too, Jim. That pic is the one I'm using for background. The wife dosen't seem to mind and it's much better than that Nemo junk that was on here. That stuff drove me insane.

Brad

Todd Rahm

Hey Job and really nice pics Brad!!!  :congrats: Thats a dandy of the cat.

Brad H

Thanks Todd.

Hopefully there will be more as the season progresses.

Brad

Bob D

Hey Brad, looks like you got it going good. Now if that ole big tom will just cooperate!!! :madd:
Bob

Smith

Way to go Brad! I hope you catch many more! :yoyo: I will be sure to take my camera when I check your sets up in 6 section pasture and I hope that big tom is in one of them. I hope our horses didn't screw up any sets for you. If you do have something in one, how in the hell am I supposed to kill it? :confused: I better get your cat killer from you so I can copy it while your at work.

Later Lucas
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

Brad H

Quotehow in the hell am I supposed to kill it?

Just...tell it a bad joke, play country music for it...hell, I don't know. Be creative. :biggrin:

I set horse proof, but if they tear anything up, no problem.

This season is starting out good though. I got a bigger one today Bob, not a tom but not a breeder either so I'm not complaining.

studabaka

Very nice. Those western cats sure have a nice color to them.

BTW - horses don't seem to mess with my sets much, but the cows sure do.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Smith

Way to go on the cat Brad. By the way, Thompson said that he has traps a couple hundred yards from you, over by the corrals :shrug:. I cant see him walkin that far but he says he can see your set from his sets. Is he even supposed to be in there trapping?

Lucas

Brad H

That's good to hear Stu. There's no cows in there so those sets should be okay.

I think I know what you're talking about Lucas. There was a truck parked just across the property fence Sunday when Jim and I were in there. I figured they were trappers but now I'm pretty sure that's who it was. I'm between him and the corrals. There's a road on that other property that runs down to the bottom. He can see one set of mine from there (that DVD reflects for miles :biggrin:), the rest of mine are in the hard-to-get-to no mans land.

Brad

Smith

He must be trapping on Guelff's place. His sets are never to far away from a road :rolleye:.

FinsnFur

Geeeeez Brad! Ya CatHog  :laf:
Leep em coming, I'm likeing this
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

canine

Them are some beautiful cats Brad !! Congratulations on a great start.

I got things rounded up and am gettin set to do some boiling and lay some steel for coyotes myself. My kids and myself really miss the trapline. It's been like 6 years since I have trapped fox and coyotes.

Good luck and have fun on the line!

JD

Brad H

You're gonna give it a run again JD? Cool!

I'll be looking for some pics soon then. Bringing the kids along is even better. My oldest will start hiking with me on my line on occation. They tend to change they're tune about coming with after seeing what dad brings home. :biggrin:

Brad

R Buker

I personally hate to see trapping pictures. 

I trapped when I was a kid and haven't found the time to get back into it.  But, I sure miss it and your pictures only torture me...   Keep 'em coming!  :congrats:

canine

Yeah, I'm gonna set a few. The last few years I trapped I ran 65 sets, took alot of time and gas but every one of my kids loved to ride along on the weekends. Now that my youngest is old enough to ride now, i wanna get him on a line. The way i trapped here, i could drive right up to all my sets.

Buker, I hope you find the time to get some trappin in. I have missed it for 6 or 7 years now and never thought anything would come between me and trapping but..........Family first.

I have a ton of pictures from the traplines. I'll pull them out of the photo album and scan them and post a few. Plus I hope to post a few from this years catch.

JD

canine

Heres a pic of one of the nicest color phase coyotes I ever caught. It was already on my photobucket site. I have a better pic of his face, He has a unique blonde mask that doesn't show up well in this pic. He probably weighed around 45 lbs. or better.

My avatar is of a coyote I caught too, can't tell it but it is in a trap :biggrin:

JD

Brad H

That's what I'm talkin' bout. :congrats:

I'm sure we'll see some new pics from you soon.

Brad