• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

News:

In memory of, and honoring, the men and woman whom never made it back home, serving our country.

Main Menu

we dyed and waxed our traps

Started by cathryn, May 04, 2009, 08:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

the end of March. we do it at the end of season cause Jerry uses alot of them come October in Wyoming and he wont have time to dye them any other time.

have any of you dyed and waxed the traps youll be using yet?

the aluminum pot in the last pic is what we had the waX in that we used on the traps.

pitw

That's called being prepared.  Kinda/sorta like John cutting firewood.   I haven't even looked at mine :rolleye:
I say what I think not think what I say.

cathryn

we cut , split and ricked 9 truck loads of firewood too,lol.

thats what we use for a little heat in the fur shed and it takes alot of wood to heat it all season.

FinsnFur

Boy thats a lot of traps :eyebrownod:
I'm liking someones idea there of using those tree trunks as posts for that roof.  :eyebrownod: Those posts would run close to $50 bucks a piece.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cathryn

the traps shown are about 25% of the traps we dyed and waxed.we had at least 3 other bunches not including the footholds for canines we did.

hes pretty inventive when he has to be. they use whatever they can from the farm to sav emoney.

we cut several locust posts to rebuild fence right off the property.

Hidehunter

I would love to have a trap line that consisted of all those traps.  :yoyo:  My line is about 30 traps when I get to trap that is.
Denver                                           

Coulter

You guys are waaaay ahead of me. I say I'm going to get my traps cleaned up by the time turkey season rolls around every year and it never seems to happen. Then just like the flick of a switch its traping season and my traps aren't ready yet. I need to go get them cleaned up and looked over / repaired real soon before the heat kicks in and I don't want to mess with them.

Way to stay on top of the game :yoyo:

Steve

Hawks Feather

I will give you lots of credit for being ready.  If Jerry starts in October it is a pretty good idea to get it done now while it is not too hot.

Jerry