• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

5 in 2

Started by Brad H, July 23, 2006, 11:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

Maybe I can help distract the crowd some so Jim can get back up off the ground. :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:

Another flashback. Two days of calling in January with 5 Shots and Smith. Exactly half of what we called in. I guess that aint bad.

canine

That looks like a nice bunch of coyotes Brad. Color phases all seem the same. Here in Ohio they all have such different color phases :confused:. Them western dogs sure are pretty. :yoyo:

JD

Brad H

Generally pale and tan. I've seen pictures of coyotes from the midwest and east. I love the variations of the reds, blacks and other dark combonations. We sure don't have that kind of variety.

Brad

keekee

Nice group of coyotes there Brad!

Brent

Dogwood Creek

Ah fur season. Looks like you boys had them dialed in! Good shootin' fellas.

Jerry Hunsley

Brad, That looks about like the same picture I have of my friend Rocky. We were in a contest and before we checked in stopped at the ranch and picked up somemore coyotes for the furbuyer. Those were the good ole days. We started at Rockies ranch and hunted all day on four-wheelers. He lived right on a river with lots of river breaks. It was great hunting. Now Turner bought up all the land around him and it isn't as good as it used to be. The State trapper is in there all year plus the plane and some of the ranch hands are calling. We very seldom go hunting there anymore. We would hunt all day. We are a couple ole farts and we would hunt in the morning, come back to the ranch eat, take a nap , and go out after our nap. His wife Norma would make excellent meals and she spoiled me rotten. We still hunt contest once in awhile.

Brad H

Man, it looks like you had it made there Jerry. Ted sucks but that kind of thing is sometimes inevitable. :noway:
At least you know where to go now though. :eyebrow:

RJ, Brent, or JD, if you ever, ever, ever, I mean EVER...get this far north and west, I'll make sure you get a taste of what badlands coyote calling is like.

Brad 

keekee

I sure would like to do that Brad! I think that would be a good trip!

Brent

canine

That is awfully tempting Brad....I have been tellin Brent that i would love to hunt out your way soooo bad.. The coyotes are beautiful, the weather is cold and scenery just awesome. 

JD

Bob D

Brad,
That sure was a pile of fur and only half of what you called in. That's pretty awesome. Looks like the hunting was hard by the way the truck looks with the mud and snow on it . How many different stands were made and tell us who missed?
Bob

Brad H

That's Lucas Smith's ranch truck. You should see it on a bad day. :biggrin: Only one of these came in alone. The rest all came in in pairs. We got one of each pair. Three of the pairs gave us  opportunities at the second coyote. The problem was, they weren't phased by any "after the shot" sounds. They just flat went the other way. Another pair only gave us the opportunity at one of the coyotes while the other hid behind a hill. Smith emptied his gun on two of the runners and barely missed every shot but that's how it goes. Don't know how many stands, probably 7 or 8. We covered a huge amount of ground.

Here's one of the stands;
I took this pic from where I was setup. My partner is standing by the dead coyote right at 100 yards. The pair came from the hilltop between the pole tops and the trees on the horizon. They let out a couple howls in response to ours then started our way. They were micro dots that got bigger and faster as they got closer. There's nothing like watching something like that, especially from mile away distances.

JesseB

Hey Brad, how come in the top picture you forgot to take the collar of the coyote? :roflmao: :nono:

Just haveing fun with you. But it does look like it is wearing one...