• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Show Me Your Home Painted Guns...

Started by bootmud, July 31, 2008, 09:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FOsteology

In the spirit of Halloween....

Trick or Treat!  :wink:

FOsteology

vvarmitr

Look more like tattoos than gun art. :nono:

Somehow, I just don't believe those are yours.  :noway:

FOsteology

Quote from: vvarmitr on October 16, 2009, 12:17:50 PM
Look more like tattoos than gun art. :nono:

Somehow, I just don't believe those are yours.  :noway:

They're not! I'm not into "tact-ti-cool" rifles nor tattoos.  :laf:

FOsteology

Someone must have really liked 300....

FOsteology

FinsnFur

Ahhhhh wow...that first one is absolutely awesome. I mean.....absolutely, did I say Wow?   :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Roundman

KySongDog

MELSDAD

WOW!! Those are some amazing looking paint jobs.

MELSDAD

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 31, 2008, 09:55:52 PM
This WUZ my stainless MII 22-250 that I camoe'd a while back. the stock was the synthetic black.

I took the gun completely apart, and prayed it all down with brake cleaner an let it dry.
Then put it all back together.
Gave it a good base coat, which in this case was a drab flat tan.
Then, I made my own stencils and started working my way around the rifle with 3 different shades of the flat camo paint.

It turned out great, had no chipping or peeling for ...I'm thinking two years.. :shrug: before I took the stock off and replaced it with a Boyd's thumbhole

So, it is safe to spray brake cleaner on your synthetic stocks??

FinsnFur

I did, and then I let it air dry before painting it.
I dont know if all manufacturers use the same plastics, but no, it didnt bother this one.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

MELSDAD

Thanks, I am going to try a small spot on my Winchester before going crazy.

Roundman

Brake clean should work fine. Do not use carb clean it's much more harsh and can eat up the plastic.

Palegroe

This is a Model 710 I painted there stocks are textured I sanded all of that off and cleaned it with acetone then painted it with a  Rustoleume textured paint.  It turned out all right there is one place that has chipped on the bottom of the forearm where it always rest on my shooting sticks guess I should have primered it first but I really like the texture.

Sorry guys I've tried this photo thing like 10 times and can't get it to work I followed the steps from the forum and went through photobucket and just can't get it ot work.  I thought these thing were suppose to be easy like point and click and cut and paste?
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

CCP

QuoteSorry guys I've tried this photo thing like 10 times and can't get it to work

Palegroe send me the pic to ccp@finsandfur.net and I will post it in there for you.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

topdawg

my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Palegroe

Id say that took a minute or two days to paint that looks good Topdawg.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

iahntr

:yoyo:  Don't lay that baby down for long!  :nono:  You won't find it back.  :nono:
Scott