• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The coons keep on coming

Started by coyote101, January 08, 2022, 09:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Got out last Sunday with my hunting buddy Kenny to see if we could get rid of a few more turkey egg eaters. It turned out to be a productive afternoon. A few minutes into the second set things got busy.

We took these three out of one tree.

The old guy who lives on the farm has a freezer full of raccoon.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Way to go with the coons.  Seems like you have found a new hunting passion.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

They’ve been Mossbergerd!

kyfuzzyface

I have taken care of 11 coons and 1 possum
Fuzzy

KySongDog

Nice Pat!  I've not tried calling them yet.  Looks like fun.  I can catch one in a dog proof trap almost every night. They love marshmallows. 

JohnP

You look a bit cold out there Pat.  In all my years out here hiking up and down many mountain ranges I have only seen two raccoons and one possum.  However, I like the title of your post and it is true, just not so true out here in the desert.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

Quote from: KySongDog on January 10, 2022, 08:16:58 AM
Nice Pat!  I've not tried calling them yet.  Looks like fun.

You should give it a try, Johnny, it's a lot of fun. They come in pretty aggressive and pissed off.

Pat
NRA Life Member

nastygunz

Keep track of den trees you find and you can keep going back to them year after year. They love old falling down buildings too.