• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Three great invitations fell though, so doing honeydos

Started by Okanagan, July 02, 2022, 12:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

My super salmon fishing cousins invited me to salmon fish with them today, so I accepted.  :yoyo:  Then a friend with an airplane invited me to fly to a nearby island for lunch and a Rotary auction/giant garage sale.  :shrug:  Salmon was prior and my preference so I politely declined the plane ride.  Then two other friends each invited me to go crabbing with them, to fill their boats with people who had crab licenses.  :wo:  Zillions of big crabs yesterday, but I preferred salmon.

Cousin's motor broke down on his boat, so no salmon. :doh2:  The airplane was already gone and crab men already back at the dock with full limits by the time we wrote off salmon fishing today.  :alscalls: 

Wife is surprised I'm not more disappointed, but it feels wonderful to suddenly have a totally free day.  I may work on a larger cargo net for great grandkids to climb, and maybe do some reloading. 

nastygunz

it sounds like a testament to your character that so many people wanted to hang out with you sir!

Hawks Feather

I really enjoy fresh salmon. Last night at a wedding I took a piece hopeful that it had been brought by guests from Alaska. It hadn't and was not very good.

pitw

Sounds like ou know ow to make lemonade when you get a lemon. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on July 02, 2022, 10:58:20 PMit sounds like a testament to your character that so many people wanted to hang out with you sir!

Yep, people are clamoring to hang out with me!  :laf:  Actually, the reality has a few burrs in it.  :huh:  The crab guys are friends but they were just looking for any warm body with a legal crab license:  wife, neighbor, 7-11 clerk, anybody.  Here in WA, salmon, crab and several other seafood critters require a catch report (punch card) on which the angler has to mark each fish or crab caught as soon as it is landed.  Daily limit for crab is 5.  So when a man pulls a trap that has 15 legal keeper crabs in it, he can only take 5 home for himself.  He wants to have enough people with punch cards on his boat to legally take all of them home, at least to somebody's home. 

As usual, reminds me of a story...  When my son was in college, he was salmon fishing with the cousins while I was on a trip somewhere.  He phoned to tell me that the salmon fishing was terrific and that they all wished I was with them.  "We need your punch card,"  he said.

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 03, 2022, 09:49:48 AMI really enjoy fresh salmon. Last night at a wedding I took a piece hopeful that it had been brought by guests from Alaska. It hadn't and was not very good.

Yep, salmon is one of those foods that can be terrific or terrible, depending on freshness, preparation etc.

One of my grandsons just came home from three weeks of commerical fishing in Alaska-- and our whole family is on his case because he did not bring any crab, salmon, nor halibut home as his checked luggage.  He could have brought any or all of those for the cost of a checked bag.  He travelled with a small carry on and no checked luggage at all.   :doh2:

Hawks Feather

I hope you explained the facts of life to that grandson. The fact being that if you have access to fresh seafood you bring some home. 😊

FinsnFur

They needed to be prepared to justify their limit if need be.  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com