• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Me and the wife shooting

Started by Roundman, July 25, 2010, 08:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

Left the kids at the house and the wife and I headed to the range. She shot the .38+p for the first time. It took it's toll as she started to flinch a lil bit. I need to order some self defense loads that are just .38's.

weedwalker

Looks like a fun day with the wife Mike. :yoyo:

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  Supper cool bud!  Looks like ya'll had a blast!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

I wouldn't intimidate her while she was packing either of those :nono:

Nice pics by the way. How'd you manage to get the timing so perfect?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Roundman

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 25, 2010, 10:26:31 PM

Nice pics by the way. How'd you manage to get the timing so perfect?

My camera shoots about 6 frames a second. I enjoy taking the pics as much as shooting the guns.

weedwalker

KySongDog

Looks like y'all had a fun time.  Have you ever tried shooting an IDPA match?   Self defense scenarios are set up and you shoot against the clock.  Loads of fun. 

Hawks Feather

Hey, nice pictures and it looks like you were both having a good time.  Is the 70-200 that you were using the f/2.8 or the f/4.0?  I have a used f/4.0 that should be here by the end of the week and I am looking forward to it getting here.

Jerry

Roundman

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 26, 2010, 07:53:19 AM
Hey, nice pictures and it looks like you were both having a good time.  Is the 70-200 that you were using the f/2.8 or the f/4.0?  I have a used f/4.0 that should be here by the end of the week and I am looking forward to it getting here.

Jerry

It is a 70-200 Tamron f2.8   It brings in the light!

Hawks Feather

I have never even held the Tamron f/2.8, but I have heard good things about it.  I went with the f/4.0 due to the weight, and then there was that cost factor of the f/2.8.  The f/4.0 is about a pound lighter than your lens, but also doesn't have the f/2.8 which I am sure I would like.  I also just got a 50D to go along with the XSi so if you have any great pointers on that I am always willing to learn.

Jerry

Roundman

Quote from: weedwalker on July 26, 2010, 06:57:25 AM
What kind of camera is it?
It's a Canon 50D. I bought it to take family photos and sports pictures. You can adjust everything on this camera. It's like a TV remote, you can't stop changing things
Quote from: Semp on July 26, 2010, 07:09:07 AM
Looks like y'all had a fun time.  Have you ever tried shooting an IDPA match?   Self defense scenarios are set up and you shoot against the clock.  Loads of fun. 
I have thought about it a couple times. I've asked a few co-workers and friends and they have no interest. They do have a match at the club I belong to, I just haven't made the jump yet. I have too many hobbies.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Roundman

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 26, 2010, 08:40:28 AM
  I also just got a 50D to go along with the XSi so if you have any great pointers on that I am always willing to learn.

Jerry

Jerry, you probably know more about photography than I do. The only tip I might be able to give ya is---- When you shoot in Manual mode us the Live mode button to turn on the view screen. Zoom in on the subject with the zoom button (in the upper right hand area of the camera) and adjust the focus ring to fine tune the image. This helps get the focus just right. I've taken some pictures only to download them to the computer and find them out of focus just a little. This seems to help me. This helps when shooting in Macro too.

Hawks Feather

I have my cameras set for center (single) spot focus.  I will put the spot on what I want in focus, push the release down just a little to hold the focus, reposition, and shoot.  It works really well for portraiture - just point the focus spot on their closest eye and then adjust the frame.

Jerry

Frogman

Give that IDPA a try sometime.  It's really lots of fun!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!