• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Big woods Ohio coyote

Started by 222Shooter, February 07, 2007, 07:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

222Shooter

I called in this little guy after about 15 minutes of calling on my Sceery open reed. After this guy I moved about 500 yards down the ridge and called up a pair of coyotes but they stayed about 100 yards away and I couldn't get a clear shot. Plus I was shaking so bad from adrenaline that I could barely see straight. This was one of my best days. Two setups, 3 coyotes, one kill. I wish I could have hunted longer as they are getting hungry with the frigid weather and snow.

Hawks Feather

Nice looking coyote.  I am sure glad that you are hunting the warm part of the state.   :shck:   It sure is cold around here.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site 222~
That's a pretty good size one too. Thanks for sharing the story  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ROOSTER

Nice one. Looks like a good sized coyote ya got there. :biggrin:

keekee

Nice looken coyote shooter! Im looking forward to getting out in the snow this weekend myself!

Brent

vvarmitr

Hey Rich: Good to see ya here!!!  :highclap:
Did ya shoot this one before or after he stepped on your boot? :roflmao: (I loved that story! :biggrin:)
BTW did ya get him w/ the "222"? :wo:

222Shooter

Naw I shot this one with my 243 at about 40 yards. Its a good thing I had the 243 as I barked to stop him and he stopped behind some brush. I shot thru it and hit him forward of the shoulder. I don't think the 222 would have made it. The bullet came out the front of his chest and blew a apple size hole out. He still got up and ran down hill for 50 yards! He was a tough son of a gun. Going out tomorrow morn. Ought to be fine calling. I love this snow and cold! :wink:

coyotehunter_1

Good calling, 222shooter :eyebrownod:  :congrats:

My 222 ('ol reliable) is a favorite but the 243 also gets a work out, on occasion. :wink:

BTW< Whats all that white stuff on the ground?  :confused:

:biggrin:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

fuzz624

Bills Custom Calls

Way to go 222 I am going out Sat afternoon

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bopeye

Quote from: 222Shooter on February 08, 2007, 08:47:33 PM
Naw I shot this one with my 243 at about 40 yards. Its a good thing I had the 243 as I barked to stop him and he stopped behind some brush. I shot thru it and hit him forward of the shoulder. I don't think the 222 would have made it. The bullet came out the front of his chest and blew a apple size hole out. He still got up and ran down hill for 50 yards! He was a tough son of a gun. Going out tomorrow morn. Ought to be fine calling. I love this snow and cold! :wink:

I'm glad to see that even a 243 can have a hard time anchoring them sometimes.
Makes me feel better about the one I couldn't find at LBL.

That's a fine looking coyote.... :congrats:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

desert dog

www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"