• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

UPS was here!!!!!!

Started by keekee, August 25, 2006, 02:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

OHHHH YAAAA! Got home tonight and the UPS man had stopped by the house again today! Got the new RODE Shotgun Mic for the camera and the new Tri-Pod!

I love this new Tri-Pod! Fuid head and man is it smooth! Its little heavy but it will be worth the extra weight. I just cant get over how smooth it is. And solid as a rock!

The mic is a RODE shot gun mic and I had to play with it some so I set it up and shot some footage of diffrent things, its sweet! Cuts out all the side noise, and a good deal of the wind noise as well. I think I will order a good wind sock still but this will be alot better than what we had.

JD, your going to like the new toys!

Thanks for the advise on the Mic Rich! You were right!

Here is a few pic's of the new toys!

Brent

THO Game Calls

Dang man, that is a pretty cool looking setup.  How did you find a camo camera?

I'm glad I have one ofyour calls already and your autograph on it.  I'll be able to say one day "I knew him when..."

Deffinately big time now!

I have to get a links page set up on my site for all the guys who have things for sale.  There is just too much quality stuff out there and more people need to know about it.

Al
THO Game Calls
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Brad H

Sharp setup Brent.

You'll be a video taping fool now.

Let us know how the difference is after you've played with it some.

Brad

CCP

Brent you are going to love the RODE vid mic it is a top notch product. You will also like the pro vista tripod a little heavy but sturdy.

Here are a few pics of mine

I also made a strap that goes over my shoulder and mounted the Mic over to one side.This is the set up I made for walking,race videoing and hog hunting.

This is my turkey setup with a cheap gorilla arm.Not a good a good head on these things.  I have now replaced it with a fluid head for smoother pans.

Here it is before walking into the woods coyote hunting.

I have been dragging them through the woods for a year now and have had NO problems.
Replace the bands on the shock mount with tighter ones from the hardware store.Good tight O-rings is all you need.

Looks like you got it going on Brent cant wait to see the end product.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

stevecriner

Ilike that set up! I do believe tripods is where its at and audio is a must . Im gettin ready to do some ordering to.
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

keekee

I didn't know you had the same Tri-Pod Rich....lol...Thats cool!

The other Tri-Pod just didn't have the smooth feel this one does, and its heaver than this on as well. The only thing I don't like is the hight, it needs to be shorter so you don't haft to set on a stool when running the camera on stand. But I guess when your on a budget, you make do..lol

I like the Rode mic well already. After comparing some of the audio last night I could tell a big difference. My main thing was just for wind noise and side noise we got with the other mic. This will take care of that I'm sure. I'm going to fit it with a good wind sock soon.

The wire less Mic's do a good job for talking but not so good on stands. This should even things out well.

I'm going to finish up the howling video this weekend with the new Mic and start on the second in that series, it will get a work out...lol

THO,

We camoed that camera ourselves last year when we were out in AZ. We used it for a long time with out no camo but the sun reflected off it some out there so we set down and worked on it. You can buy camo cameras but they are not cheap! Even the covers for them are not cheap! Back here in the woods it didn't seem to make much difference if they were close enough to see the camera they were dead anyway, out there with the bright sun it stuck out a little or reflected a little. We were calling them close to a shotgun out there for some diffrent western footage and had a few hand up and look right at the camera so we put a hotel camo job on it...lol

I got some camo clad ordered for it. It has camo tape on it now, but the camo clad will look allot better and wont peel as bad. I will post a new pic when I get the camo clad on it and the tri-pod.

Brent

canine

Sweeeet!! :highclap:

Now all we need is time to go hunting...We''l break the new toy's in on the 8th of Sept.

Camo clad will make a nice difference also, can't wait to see that on the camera.!!!

JD

FinsnFur

Rich, whats that doo hickey mounted on the handle in the 3rd pic? A light?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Jim it is a light and the silver one on bottom is also a cheaper light to help keep out camera shadows. There are also two more 20w lights on the bottom pointing out toward the front.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Yep, I see the ones underneath now!
Daaaaaang, remind me to bring my sunglasses to the LBL.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

CCP

Brent I believe you have a built in XLR mixer on your cam mine doesn't. If you don't then get one, I run my wireless and shotgun mike through it and capture both sound at the same time. It records to two separate tracks. Then I use what I need in edit.

I also don't like the height of my tripod. I set on a stool anyway but would like to have the option to set on the ground.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Mallardsr

What mode are you capturing in ?24p or 60i.What software package do you use to edit with?

Mallardsr

must be a trade secret,Like McDonalds special sauce!

FinsnFur

:nono: I dont think CCP seen your post Mallardsr. He's on the road 8 days a week and is kinda limited in time on here.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

keekee

Im sorry, must have looked over your post! No secrets here...lol

My recording just depends on what im doing and what I am looking for in the final product.

Im useing adobe editing softwear.

Brent

Mallardsr

I was just dreaming when I made that post anyway.I got to young kids and have neither the time or money to justify a camera of that quality.However,Its fun to at least have knowledge of what it takes to produce a quality movie.When you know what its takes,you have a better appreciation for what your watching.The software available today can do amazing things.Like anything else,If you play you pay.

keekee

Ya, but I will tell ya the price of the camera's have really dropped over the last several years. Digital video made a big difference in allot of the filming or people filming out there. I still have a ton to learn!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent