• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Oh Canada.

Started by nastygunz, December 02, 2022, 03:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

News  Canada
'Largest gun ban in Canadian history': Bill amendment could criminalize millions of hunting rifles.
It's a massive expansion of a gun control bill that was initially pitched mostly as a way to prevent the sale of handguns.

The Government of Alberta has accused the federal government of planning to "ban legal firearm ownership altogether" after the Liberals quietly introduced a surprise 11th hour amendment that would constitute the largest gun prohibition in Canadian legislative history.

The amendment proposes to ban "a firearm that is a rifle or shotgun, that is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner and that is designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges of the type for which the firearm was originally designed."

Also tabled was a 478-page amendment banning thousands of additional Canadian firearms by name. This included the SKS, a Soviet-designed surplus rifle that has long been a favourite of Canadian sports shooters, with around 200,000 estimated owners.

pitw

and the Turd don't never come anywhere's near me. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Barry, we have a lot of wide-open land out here. should I start looking for a few hundred acres for you?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Quote from: pitw on December 02, 2022, 09:42:56 AMand the Turd don't never come anywhere's near me. 

Could that be because you have a backhoe and know how to dig? (Of course that is just a figure of speech since he doesn't need anything dug.)  :whew:

pitw

Quote from: JohnP on December 02, 2022, 11:32:20 AMBarry, we have a lot of wide-open land out here. should I start looking for a few hundred acres for you?

Thanks for the offer, but running always left a bad taste.

FinsnFur

"Trudeau is going after hunters because they are easier targets than the repeat criminals he's lowering jail sentences on."

I'm seeing a pattern :watch;
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Criminals got more rights than honest folk.  They seem to like breathing though as they have not bothered my place. 

JohnP

Quote from: pitw on December 02, 2022, 07:17:48 PMCriminals got more rights than honest folk.  They seem to like breathing though as they have not bothered my place. 

That seems to be the trend down here also. I also agree with you about the breathing part.  Living on the US/Mexico border I have a shotgun or pistol in every room of the house plus I have a 100 pound German Shepard who is very protective. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs