• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A New Addition

Started by MI VHNTR, June 25, 2023, 05:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MI VHNTR

to the local moose herd. First moose calf of the year on camera walking past the camp with its mother.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

FinsnFur

:congrats:  :congrats:  ohhhhhh congratulations!! :congrats:

Seen a video the other day of a pissed of Moose chasing a big ol Black Bear. I had no idea Black Bear could run that fast and further more had no idea they were afraid of Moose. My god they were hauling some ass back and forth, in and out of stuff and in circles. That bear feared for it's life.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

remrogers

Stay away from those mommas. Been a couple people killed in Colorado by mad mother moose.

pitw

Letting little moose outta the fences around here is one of the scariest things I do. 
The little one pictured is already a good size.
I say what I think not think what I say.

MI VHNTR

A friend was out on an atv a few years ago and came around a corner on a back road. There stood a cow moose and her twin calves. He hit the brakes and got into reverse as quickly as possible. The cow pulled her ears back and moved towards the atv putting herself between the atv and the calves. She was ready to rumble and he scrambled to get out of there as fast as possible. He said that the atv felt like it was barely moving in reverse when the cow moved towards him. Luckily he escaped unhurt. They are a massive animal and aren't to be taken lightly.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

Todd Rahm

I've been in similar situations. The worse being, mom being 10' away with hear ears back and hackles up. I was in snowshoes carrying a 410 for rabbits and grouse. I slowly put a slug in and chamber asked her to leave, lol. It's not easy backing up in military snowshoes. I could feel the heat on my face as she snorted out through her nose. She had twins, and it's probably the hairiest situation I had been in my entire Alaska life. I'm guessing the tip of the shotgun was probably about 7' from her head, and pointed between the eyes. 😬

Fortunately, she figured I wasn't a threat and walked off.