• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What the *@^%#

Started by FinsnFur, September 01, 2006, 04:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I just had to do some venting.

:confused: I called AT&T two months ago and asked them to please stop charging me long distance charges since they were not and have not been my providor for over six months.

They sorryfully said certianly. And they did. They also issued a credit which showed up on the next bill.

I opened up my phone bill today to see that I had a $60.00 charge on there for long distance charges through AT&T.  :argh:

I called my phone company and come to find out, AT&T along with the other long distance providors, send your local phone companies a bill which in turn then gets added to your regular bill.
She said she could remove it from this bill, but I would have to call AT&T again since she would have little control over it being sent from them again.

I then called AT&T and the answering service asked me to please press 1 to continue in English. :shck:
You have got to be freekin kidding me. I'm setting in the middle of the heartland and I have to press 1 if I want English??  :rolleye: That's just wrong, degrading to say the least.

After all the press this and that garbage, another voice came on and said expected wait time is approx. 10 minutes.  :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:

:hahaha: 35 minutes later an actual human gets on the line. I can't understand a word that's coming out of his mouth. I think he's in Tahiati or something.  :madd:

My days getting much worse here.

After another half an hour of off and on hold with this freak, he finally tells me he is finished and attempts to give me a confirmation number.  :rolleye: THAT sounded like a Russian countdown to some missle launching.

You know what he said to me when he was done giving me that confirmation number? You'll never guess.
"Could I interest you in AT&T's new one rate plan for local and long distance calls of 7 cents a minute?"  :nono:

.................. :huh: I hung the phone up on him.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bob D

Where in the heck do they get these operators and telephone people? Almost everyone I speak to when calling a company about an issue are foreigners. it is very frustrating when you want to clear something up  or inquire about something and the party on the other end of the line can't speak clear English and really could give a shit about your concerns. I know what you are feeling.

canine

Damn, i thought i was the only one that got some non  english speekin sonuvab.... I better quit :nofgr:.

Seems to be alot of that kinda stuff goin on Jim. I gotta bill the other day from a credit card company for 100 dollars on an account that had been closed for over 2 years. It was an anual fee bill. Same thing, call em up wait 4-ever then get some woman i can't understand.. :argh:

JD

FinsnFur

It amazing. I know that phone companies are famous for this.
I used to laugh at folks that combed through their phone bill every month, charge by charge. I'm like get over it, and pay it.

:shck: Not no more by god. I've found more mistakes in the last year then I have correct statements. They must figure, ey if they dont notice,  :readthis: they'll just pay it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jerry Hunsley

I had a similiar problem with Quest. Before I got my cable hookup for computer ,  Office equipment gave me a disk to load and I was supposed to have a month free of service. Stupid me, I hooked up my computer with phone line and when I got my bill for the month it was over 600 dollars. I about sh##t. Every time I used the computer I was being charged a long distance call. To make a long story short, I had to pay the whole bill. Talk about a bunch of B.S.!!!!!  That was a good lesson for me though.

canine

OUCH...Jerry. That's about the cost you'd of had comin to Ohio to hunt coyotes with us  :madd:

JD

Posiedon

We have Verizon, and they are always tacking on extra charges for nothing.....Luckily they have not outsourced to India yet.  I use to think of India as a country I would like to see.  Anymore I think all it is, are a couple  McDonalds  selling Veggie Burgers and Customer Call Centers.  Why in the world would a company outsource American jobs to people that take baths in cow  piss anyways?