• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Would you mind?

Started by Bopeye, September 02, 2006, 09:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

One of my dearest friends died this evening of stomach cancer. He was 37 years old and has two ten year old little girls.
If you could remember the A.L. Woody family in your thoughts and/or prayers tonight, I'm sure the little ones would appreciate it.

Thank you
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Mallardsr

Sorry to hear of the loss.Prayers sent.

Basshole

Sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with his family.

FinsnFur

Absolutely James.

That's pretty young, and I'm sure it's going to be tough for the family.
As inevitable as this is, it's something others never feel comfortable confronting. I appreciate your beckon for prayer here.

God bless that gentlemens soul, and may his family soon find peace.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Sure will! Its a done deal! Thats a sad thing to hear! I wish them the best!

Brent

stevecriner

Man thats a bad deal. My thoughts and prayers are with the family, and you to Bop. Its tough losing a friend.
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

Jeb

Prayers sent from Georgia. Sorry to hear about this loss, very sad.
                      Jim

Bob D

Sorry about your friend Bop. I will have his family and you in my prayers.

straycat

James,
          Sorry to hear,my thoughts and prayers to his family and yours also.Joel
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Bopeye

Thank you guys. I got to see him one last time in the middle of July. He went from being a 6', 250 lb. hoss of a man to about 140 lbs. when I saw him last. Another friend and I were going to go see him today.........guess that won't happen.
We had went through high school, football, weight lifting, boot camp, and 8 years of the National Guard together. Use to be when you saw one of us, you saw both of us. He was more like a brother. Both of us got married and he moved to Kingston, which made it a little harder for us to see each other, but we always managed it anyway. Not as much as we would have liked, but that's how having your own families goes.
I have known for 24 years that if I needed someone, he would be there. Chet may remember him, he was the guy that came and salvaged mom and dad's Heating and air unit, plus all the duct that we could after a tornado destroyed my parents house three years ago. Him and Chet were the only two that showed up that weren't wanting something out of the deal. Most just showed up to take what they could salvage and use it for themselves.
He will be missed..........I woke up out of bed last night thinking that something was wrong with my heart.......it was then that I realized that I was just missing my friend.
I apologize for being such a pansy about this, but I got to unload it somewhere and I've known some of you, or at least known of you, for several years now.....in a way y'all feel like family.
I found out last night that A.L.'s wife and two little girls will be making the arrangements today and that he is at Brown Mortuary in Kingston.
Can you imagine what a load that must be on those two little girls? Ten years old and making funeral arrangements for their daddy........my heart cries for them. Their momma has been somewhat mentally unstable for awhile now and how A.L. tolerated it is beyond me. Now that's all those two little girls have.........their grounding force is gone.
Keep those little ones in your prayers...........they were all their daddy lived for, his greatest joy was his two girls, he talked about them every time you saw him.

I'll quit rambling now..........I guess I just miss my friend. Y'all would have liked him. He was quick to smile, quiet, yet would knock your teeth out in a heartbeat if you desperately needed it. First time we met, we got in a fight in ninth grade, we both decided from that point on that it would be better to be allies than to go through that again. : )

Thanks again for the kind words. I will find out more today.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Rich Higgins

I'm sorry for your loss, Bopeye. I wish you peace.

canine

Bop, sorry to hear about this. I feel your pain, as i to lost a close friend almost a year ago. You'll be livin memories for a while and as time goes by the pain will ease and the memories will bring smiles rather than tears. Your not ramblin in my eyes, let it out.
Tkae care and prayers are sent for all that was close to your Friend.

JD

Jerry Hunsley

Bop, My heart and prayers are with you buddy. Kinda touches home as I just lost a cousin not long ago. Just think of all the good times you had with him. May God bless.

CCP

Sorry to hear James will have his family in my prayers.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Rick223

Sorry to hear of theres and your loss their in my prayers tonite.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

studabaka

My prayers as well and may the comfort of peace fill the hole of sadness in your heart and be with his family.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff