• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My Beef With Wal-Mart

Started by DirtyDog, June 24, 2007, 06:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDog

Last night, my wife and I went to Wal-Mart to get some groceries, and get an oil change in our car. I asked the clerk how long it would take, and all she could tell me was she did not know because someone was using the computer.  :shrug: Now I don't know what a computer has to do with knowing how long it might take to get an oil change. I mean is a computer doing the work? Did Wal-Mart invent some great computer capable of instantly changing someones oil?  :confused: At any rate, I did not think much of it, and we dropped off the car, and headed to get our groceries. Well after about an hour, I headed over to see if it was done, or if it had been started. I did not see it in there, so I asked if it was done. Same girl said she "did not think" it was done, and once again, someone was using the super oil change computer, so she could not tell me how long it would take to get it done. Keep in mind that now my wife is about to freak out because we have frozen items in our cart (I guess that is why they give you those handy "cold" bags.) So we walked around for a few minutes, and then I checked back and they at least had it in, so I knew it would not be long. After about 15 minutes I went back and it was done. I gave the girl my ticket and told her my last name, so then the search began. The genious some managed to lose my keys. After a couple minutes of frantic searching, some other guy comes up to the counter, interupts everyone and demands his keys. So the girl asks him if she gave him someone elses key, and he empties his pockets and pulls out about 5 key rings. The girl ends up asking this guy 4 times if he has some keys that are not his. He says no. So the guy leaves, and the girl calls a manager. The manager comes over, and like an ejumacted genious, calls that guy about 2 minutes after he leaves Wal-Mart. Now if you know anything about where I live, it would take 2 minutes just to get out of the parking lot, yet alone home. At this point I am really getting ticked. The girl had the nerve to say to me that my oil change was going to be free, so I say, "what good is that going to do me without my keys". The guy that was standing next to me was rolling after that. So I finally fessed up and said look, give me your name, your managers names, and call me when you find them, I have another set to get home with. About the time that my wife and I are ready to pull out of the parking lot, they call and say that that other jackass brought my keys back.  :madd: Let me just tell you, that will be the last time that I let Wal-Mart touch my car. I have been getting my oil changed there since 1992, and that was the first and last problem I have ever had......Well I feel better now that I have that off of my chest.  :biggrin:

THO Game Calls

I feel your pain.  They used to be a good company for both the consumer and the employee. 

Did you know the other guy had your keys?   I think if I had been standing there and he had my keys and I knew it, there is no way he would have walked away before giving them to me.

When I get any work done to one of the vehicles, I always use a valet key though.  Around here, you gie someone your key ring and there is a very good chance that by the time youi come to pick up your car, they will have made copies of every key on it. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

DirtyDog

Quote from: THO Game Calls on June 24, 2007, 07:10:18 AM
Did you know the other guy had your keys?   I think if I had been standing there and he had my keys and I knew it, there is no way he would have walked away before giving them to me.

No, I did not know the guy had em. I did suspect it though when he pulled out like 5 key rings though. I don't think I could keep track of that many key ring.  :rolleye:

GC

I quit letting them touch one of my vehicles several years back when one of their untrained monkeys stripped the plug in the bottom of the oil pan!  The wife parked the car in the garage and the next morning there was a large oil puddle underneath it on my concrete garage floor.  Intially, Wal-Mart refused to accept responsibility for it.  I raised a little hell with them and they put in one of those oversize plugs.  Should have made them replace the entire pan I guess.   
"Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always RIGHT!"