• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Fun Killdeer pics

Started by R Buker, June 19, 2007, 08:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R Buker

I have a family of killdeers nesting in my yard.

I'm sure most of you know that when a predator approaches the nest, the parents try to lure the predator away by pretending to have a broken wing.

Here's a shot of momma:

Here she is pretending to be injured:

This is what she's protecting:

And it works!

She's leading one of my wiener dogs away:

Nelson

Great pictures    :yoyo:    They sure are fun to watch.

Nelson

possumal

Those pictures are great. It sure is amazing how Mother Nature helps those creatures survive.  :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

That does look like it would be fun to watch.

Jerry

cb223

Awesome pictures. Isn't Mother Nature grand!
CHAD

iahntr

Thanks for sharin the pics. That's cool stuff !
Scott

keekee

That's cool Randy! Thanks for sharing!

Brent

catskinner

I always amazes me how hard those nests are to see even when you know where they are. I want to see some pics of those little guys when they start running around.

ohiobob

Randy
Great pics,how far were you for the pic of her sitting on the nest? and what Camera and lens do you use,,i have some
"EXTRA INCOME" heading my way and was thinking of gettin a new GOOD Camera  :eyebrow:
I remember when I was a little tyke and me and the neighbor kid and my brother would go down to the Bottoms and walk the woods and fields,,we would spot the Kill Deer and TRY to hit them with rocks because an old guy told us that hitting them with a rock is IMPOSSIBLE,,well we KNEW the old guy was full of it,,we damn near threw our shoulders out trying to hit 1,,we NEVER did so I guess the old man WASNT full of it BUT I think it helped build my arm and accuracy up because I threw quite a few people out from Left Field  :laf: :laf: :laf: those pics are EXTREMELY CLEAR & NICE
Thank you
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

R Buker

Bob,

I have a Sony H5.  It's not a high end camera but does very well for my needs.  I think I take a lot of good pictures with it.

It's 7.1 mp.  It has a 12X optical zoom lense.  I'd really enjoy a digital SLR but can't justify the cost of the extra lenses when this one does it that well.

The pics were all fairly close in this case.  But, the zoom does a good job

ohiobob

Randy
close as in 20-30 Yards and did you buy it Local or on the intraweb ???
Those ARE some good pics,,I THINK the farthest i would need a good lens for is about 100 yards  :confused: :shrug: yeh,a 100 yards
Thank You VERY MUCH !!!  :highclap:
Bob

R Buker

Hi Bob,

Those shots were all about 10 yards.  But, I wasn't using full zoom either except on the one that's very close and personal.

With a shot from about 100 yards you'll be able to get good deer, etc pics with this camera.

This Jack is about 50 yards.

These Mulie does are about 100 yards.

And this guy is about 100 yards but was shot through the windshield of a truck!

Randy

possumal

Great pictures, Randy. With photos that good at those distances, I would be well satisifed. Sony makes some good stuff. :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

George Ackley

Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

ohiobob

yup
Good pics Randy,,I will look at the Camera,I just need one that will show up good from my back window to the neighbors swimming Pool  :shrug: :shrug: :laf:kidding
Bob