• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bear cub in distress Olivewood, acrylic and metal reed

Started by ninthinning, December 08, 2007, 07:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninthinning

This olivewood call is tuned black bear cub in distress.  The wood is finely figured and very hard.  Sound board is Louisiana style, hand made from green cast acrylic rod.  If you are looking for a unique sound this call has it.  Tunable over a good range of sound and volume.  $45 sold

Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

vvarmitr

You did a fine job turning that one Nin'. Sweet looking call. ;yes;

You do the checker board too? :eyebrow:

HaMeR

Nice call Ninth!! I turned a little bit of that Olivewood & really liked it. That one has very nice grain lines. Too bad for me it's CHRISTmas,Anniversary, AND Diane's B-day all in 8 days this month. :rolleye: Somebody will be Pleased to grab that one!! :wink:

Nice chess board!! The maple has loads of stripes in it. I like!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Braz

You know, I just looked up on my shelf where my calls sit, and I noticed a little space there that seems like it needs something in it. I do believe that little space would be filled up just nicely like with this call, so I guess you better send it my way.

PM Sent.
Braz

iahntr

Nice call ! I like that olive wood, might just hafta get me some of that and try it out.
Eric, is there any way you could do a sound clip of that call?
Scott

ninthinning

The checkers board was made by a famous wood worker, not me.  It is maple and snakewood.

Lynn the call is yours.  I called in a huge coyote last night with a call with the same design.

Wish I knew how to make sound clips.  Just bought an e-caller so I'll probably figure it out pretty soon.

Thank you,
Eric
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

vvarmitr

What e-caller did ya get? :shrug:

Was it Tage Frid that made the checkers board?

Braz

Delete
Braz

ninthinning

alpenliter,
  Very sorry about the olive wood call.  All my olive wood stock is the same, it still needs time to dry out.  The same thing will happen again so I can't make a second olive wood call for awhile.  Please save the postage a throw the call in the garbage.  I have refunded you $47, that will cover the the Pay Pal fee so you will get $45 back.
Eric

ninthinning

vvarmitr,
   I bought a Minaska call for a PM donation by Minaska.  I had an FX3 but my son uses it all the time, so I gave it to him.  I can put my own sounds on the call plus it comes with Byron South sounds.
Eric

vvarmitr

Minaska is the way I'd go.  ;yes;
Was it the Bandit or Big Country?