• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Got a late start this morning...

Started by Arkyyoter, November 01, 2006, 11:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

It was supposed to be bad windy this morning, so I didn't plan on going out.....about 7:00 am I checked outside and it was still and cool....we have a cold fron coming so I thought it might be a good morning. I called Jim and asked if he wanted to go, I already knew the answer :) So off we go....we get on the first stand about 7:45....I started out with the FP doing pup distress, nadda.....I went to some other distress sounds....zip. I had a little closed reed call I made for KO....all acrylic, sounds really good...any way about 30 seconds into a sad bunny, I see two dogs bust out of cover at about 150 yards...they are in a dead run.....the one on the left is black, but he is at a bad angle for me so I center up the blond one....Jim is a few yards behind me and I don't think he see's 'em....right before I pull the trigger I hear Jim whisper, he will take the one on the right...I quickly shift over to the black one...Jim barks....two shots ring out simultaneously..and two dogs drop......as we are grining at each other, a third dog we hadn't seen hits mach 3 headed for the woods....I got a quick shot at 150 or so but missed....anyway, was fun and we had two down.  The black one was old and had some mange, so glad we got him. We moved to another place and set up.....this time Jim is about 35 yards over a little rise from me.....he is watching one way down a right of way, and I am watching another....same sequence with the calls.....nadda, then when I start with the little KO closed reed about 1 minute in I hear Jim bark.....I look around and he is coming at me walking.....a double had came from across a creek and got in a thick fence row, hiding behind goat weed, Jim didn't have a shot....they got to about 75 yards and caught wind of us......busted :( The third stand was dry....

This was fun for me as I had never called a triple with one black and two pretty blonde colored...

The dogs and little call...

Jim and the dogs

Me and the dogs..

As always....thanks for reading our story....it was fun!!

Joe

R Buker

Great story and pics.  Too bad about the mange on that black one. I have killed one that was nearly black.  He was huge too.  52lbs.  But he had mange on his back.  I had a shoulder mount done on him but would sure like to get one for a full body mount.

fuzz624

I have to agree with R Buker,really nice story and pics.That black one would have made a beautiful mount.I have never seen a coyote that black before.It would have made a really nice trophy.

FinsnFur

Prolly getting close to needing a new rifle aren't ya Joe? Good gahd....the barrel's gotta be getting thin on that one.

Nice job  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Hey Joe as always a very nice and enjoyable post.

Thanks again,
Todd

Hawks Feather

Joe,

Looks like you have LOTS of fun.  Way to go!

Jerry

keekee

Nice looken Coyotes there Joe! To bad the Black one wasnt in good shape would of made a nice mount!

Brent

Bob D

Way to go Joe :highclap: Still calling with the wind at your back?

slagmaker

Way to go Joe. There cant be any yotes left in the southern states with you shooting at them.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Arkyyoter

Yup....still calling with the wind  :shck: :huh: :biggrin:

Joe

desert dog

C'mon Joe, at least tell us what call you used..... :eyebrownod:

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"