• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

New camo job on A-bolt 243

Started by possumal, July 04, 2008, 01:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Just thought some of you yahoos might enjoy seeing the new camo job just done on my Browning A-bolt 243. Best part about it is that it was done by my "Student", Chuck Mattingly.  Damned if it wasn't the easiest camo job I have ever done (lol).  This is just the second rifle Chuck has done, with his 223 being first.  Who says there isn't good pay in teaching?  :roflmao:  Also notice the new Bog-Pod shooting sticks the A-bolt is sitting on.  They are a super product to use, with great adjustability and features.  Every feature I have always thought shooting sticks should have is available on these babies. 

I sure want to thank Chuck for his good work. He is getting to be one hell of a good coyote hunter, killing 4 in the past two weeks. Now if I can just get him to carry a digital camera, . . . . . :laf:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Silencer

Looks good Al, what kind of paint ?   krylon ?

CCP

Looks good AL! I like it alot.

Tell me more about the sticks??

QuoteBest part about it is that it was done by my "Student", Chuck Mattingly.

I didn't know you were a teacher. What do you teach??
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

possumal

Silencer: Bowflage--the kind you can take off with their clear application.

CCP:  The sticks are Bog-Pod, made by Boggear.com. This particular model is adjustable up to standing height, and the yoke section turns 360 degrees.  In addition, the plate the yoke mounts through toggles at any level, and you can make the whole setup taller or shorter by moving the two legs closer together or further apart like the old buffalo sticks.  I also have the tripod model, which is super steady for standing up shots, and holds your rifle just that much steadier with the third leg.  I was just recently named to their Field Staff, but I am not required to make advertising type posts about their products.  I test their products and evaluate same, and I honestly believe they are the best engineered shooting sticks I have ever seen.  Once you adjust the legs to the height you need in a particular setting, you can pivot the rifle in any direction without readjusting the sticks, and you can increase or decrease the height easily as described earlier.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff