• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

clams

Started by Silencer, July 05, 2008, 08:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

I was at a gathering today and ate about 2 doz raw clams.....   am I about the only one that still does this ?   Damn they're good and I freaked everyone out there !! 

frshwtr

clams or oysters it dont matter. for the clams a dash of vinger with pepper in it and for the oyster open him drop into a galss of bourbon (watch the oyster cringe0 AND DOWN THE HATCH.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

I will eat a few of them cooked but not uncooked.   :puke:
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

vvarmitr

Can't say I've ever had the chance to try it.  :shrug:

Silencer

Something I picked up from the grandad going to the clam bakes with him.  Every year someone would make a trip to the coast and dig a bunch bring home and throw a huge bash.  Stainless round tubs were used for the clams and beer.

How much do the oysters differ from the clams ?   

bigben

I think they are a bit bigger but they both look like a lougy some one just spit in the shell before cooked. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Coulter

I better refrain and hold my comments to myself on this one :innocentwhistle:

Steve

Silencer

frshwtr

as said oysters are bigger, a little more chewy (when they cringe in the bourbon they get a little firmer and have a slight taste of the boubon but other than that taste close to clams. steve i'm  not going to ask what exoerience led to your comment (though i bet there are others if they fess up) :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Bopeye

When I was a kid I went with my uncle to the oyster beds in Northwest Washington State. He was popping them with his knife and we ate raw oysters until I thought I was gonna puke.  :eyebrownod:  Gathered several up and put them on the barby until the shells popped. I liked them both ways. I'll still eat them occasionally, but I prefer steak.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

nastygunz

Nothing like a big cold salty Quahog straight from the ocean :yoyo: