• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Finally!! 7 points on the ground

Started by slagmaker, November 26, 2008, 07:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

Well 10:30 this morning sun shining bright and this boy steps out from around a bunch of golden rod and multi-flower roses. He was looking for what was making that smell. "Tinks" and him working the wind brought him in to less than 10 yards of where I was sitting under a beachnut tree. I was just about over the morning with the squirells messing with me for the last hour. When I saw him he was just visible through the under brush. I brought the shotgun up to my shoudler as he crossed some real thick roses and I was sure he made me. Then he stepped out into the clear and a quick baaaa and that made his interest peak he looked right at me when I pulled the trigger. Hit him high and in the back braking his spine. SIDE NOTE...If I had took the time and sighted in my shotgun before season I probably would have made a better shot but we will never know.

First deer of the year and as for actually "hunting" this is the first deer ever. Cars and pickups dont count or the number would be in double digits :biggrin:.

pics arnt the greatest but I was in a pritty big hurry. My youngest had a half day of school so I had to get him hung and dressed before I went and picked her up.

Any way, 7 points in all, one brow tine and one tip broke off. But I still couldnt be more happy with him as he is the first deer taken off my new property.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

coyote101

Congratulations slagmaker  :yoyo: :yoyo: Way to go!

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

sounds like fun! :congrats: :congrats:I start tomorrow :eyebrow:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

Nice deer!  Some good eatin' there.  Congratulations!   :congrats:

Hawks Feather

Looks like there will be meat in the freezer.    :highclap:

Jerry

FinsnFur

Nice job Slag  :yoyo:

Thats seven more points than I'm going to get :wink:
The first deer is another one of those things that never leaves the memory banks. Still remember my first.

Thanks for sharing the pics
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Got a lot of good meat there. I will try to fill a doe tag when I am home on saturday morning.

I leave for my dads house first thing in the morning and I am taking his glands with me. Nothing gets a bucks ire up like a new/unknown buck in his back yard.

By the way....... coyotes had the gut pile gone in 2 hours. I was gona hunt it tonight but no dice when they ge to it before you can get set up..
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

iahntr

Scott

vvarmitr

How cool is that?  First Blood for the new property.  Congrats!  :congrats:

possumal

Good job, Slag.  Backstraps on the barbecue grill. Yum yum. :highclap: :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net