• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

PM problem?

Started by Yotehntr, November 04, 2009, 09:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

I've had this happen a couple times. I receive a pm, sign on to check it. When I try to reply I get this message:

The last posting from your IP was less than 45 seconds ago. Please try again later. 

But I haven't posted anything... I haven't ever responded to the pm... maybe I'm reading to fast?  :laf:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

cathryn

its happened to me before here too.

don't know if you have AOL or not but i know with AOL that more than one person can have the same IP.

i found this out cause over on the forum one time i had to ban a guy and when i did i banned like 7 other people, myself included(secondary account not Admin account).

it was because we had all posted under the same IP at one time or another.

i had to unban him to unban the rest of us.

then i just deleted his account.

FinsnFur

Thats a deterrent to prevent someone from slipping in through a crack and jacking the place full of several cross posted spam messages. But it hasn't been adjusted for quite a while, how long has this been happening?

I did just bump it down to 30 seconds, see if that helps you out at all.

Also, next time it happens, take quick note as to who is actually logged in and write them down for me. I'll compare IP's and see if the system is getting you tangled up with someone elses IP.
It shouldnt be because after looking, your using two distinct IP's unused by anyone else, but we'll check it out if it happens again.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

I'm not doing the AOL thing.  I figured it was a "spam filter" it was just strange because I hadn't posted... I'll let you know if it happens again.... not sure how to tell who is logged in though, I know where to look to see who's been on...?

Yotehntr

Logged out and gave it another try...it happened again. Looks like I'm the only one online too..? at least the only one active in the last 5 min... hope this helps.

FinsnFur

Brad you should be able to look near the bottom of the front page where it says "Users online" to see's who's online. It's actually just above where your seeing "Who was online".

I think that is set on public viewable....someone help me out :confused:

Two things; what do you mean you logged out and and tried it again. What exactly are you doing?

Also try it again as I made a small adjustment for you.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

QuoteBrad you should be able to look near the bottom of the front page where it says "Users online" to see's who's online. It's actually just above where your seeing "Who was online".

I think that is set on public viewable....someone help me out

Yes it is viewable.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Yotehntr

:confused:   worked that time!   I was just coming into the site from the e-mail notification that I had received a pm.... signing in and reading the pm and responding... that is and I would get the message.  Didn't happen that time.