• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Forum button light

Started by Bob D, November 01, 2006, 09:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob D

Jim,
When I enter a forum that has more than one active post and read the first post, then go to home to reenter the forum the forum button light is off. Is there a way to keep the light on if there are unread posts in a particular forum? Or is there a better way ?
Bob

FinsnFur

I'm not 100% sure   :confused: that I can make it watch what threads you read so it know whether or not to leave the light on.

I know what your saying though. I usually take note as to how mnay topics have by them, and then instead of going all the way out when I'm done reading one, if there's more to read I'll click the forum title which is in the folder tree (under the button.)

I'll have to do some looking and see what I can find.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Ok....here's the skinny hot off the press.

SMF  (our board software) does this on purpose.
Reason being, the majority of people simply are not going to, or want to...read every single post every single time. Therefore once it logs you in a particular forum, whether or not you read a single post, you have read them all and the light goes out.

They tell me that any other way would devalue the indicator system all together because most lights would be on most of the time.

Once you get the hang of whats around ya here, it's actually pretty fast sailing through stuff.
I put a "Go Up" link at the bottom of every topic page a month or so ago...so if your reading the last post in a topic all you have to do is click that to get back up to the top of the page where the link back to the front of THAT forum is instead of scrolling up.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com