• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

disappearing posts?

Started by Okanagan, June 16, 2009, 12:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Today I noticed that a couple of posts of mine from the past year are blank.  I don't recall deleting them and would have no reason to.  Did I do something to delete them or is it something else?    Maybe others see the posts and I don't on my computer for some reason?  

One blank post is on the long thread "Tell us about you" where new people introduce themselves.  The other is the first post  from a moose thread I posted early last Fall.  Neither is important, and I didn't check through all my posts, just happened to notice one of those blank, so looked a bit and found another blank one.  The moose post had some photos, which are gone as well as the text.  I checked Photobucket and the photos are still on that site, as far as I could identify which ones went missing.

As I said, no big deal that they are gone.  I mention it only in case it indicates a problem of some sort, in my computer or somewhere else.

Todd Rahm

Nope I checked the moose one and your replies are there but your main post is missing. Seems you had plenty of replies since ya last edited it to, so it might not be you.

I'm sure sup[er Jim can figure it out.

FinsnFur

:confused:

That one doesnt make any sense to me.
I've got a log in place that records any actions on the board done by myself or a moderator, and I'm not seeing anything in the log about the moose post.
Normally if a deleted post isn't listed in this log, it means the original poster deleted it. I'm doubting you did that, which kind of stumps me here.

There were some posts lost that were dated April17th, but that was due to a giddy-up when I was converting our database to keep the forum compatible with the new security scripts.

You didn't post that somewhere else did ya John, that you could copy and paste it back in there?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Thanks.    I have a version of the moose story in my computer and will see if I can replace the lost one when I have a little time to twiddle with it.  A condensed version is better than the wordy ones written fresh after the hunt anyway!

FWIW my name isn't John.   :biggrin:  No problem for me but it might cause confusion some day.  I think I caused that mix up in a post to Tikaani when I addressed him as John but didn't start the sentence with it, so it looked like my signature to a person reading it.  It was one of those sentences that sounds good in your head and would have been clear in spoken word, but loses key inflection in cold text.  I.e.  Way to go, John.   

FinsnFur

:roflmao: :doh2:
...and at a quick glance it looks like you signed as John again. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

coyotehunter_1

" I don't think she's going to hold together, Jim"

* To borrow a quote from Star Trek...  When Captain Kirk asked Mr. Scott to take the Enterprise beyond max warp speed.  :roflmao:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bills Custom Calls

It must be the Gremlins that did it  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

5 SHOTS

T rex?

:roflmao: :roflmao:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.