• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Kinda/sorta about Unbelievable.

Started by pitw, August 19, 2009, 05:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

First off as unbelievable as it might sound I'm not trying to offend anyone  :nofgr:.  Unbelievable is in the mind of the person seeing, hearing or witnessing an event of some kind.  You guys can tell me stories about so many different animals that I don't got here it's unbelievable.  I have to believe the stories until I learn enough about the subject to make a better decision.  To me area and time spent in it will dictate the believability of many a tale.  If we were to have a coyote calling contest on this forum believe it or not I'm not going to come in last :nofgr:  I probably won't finish first either and that is as it should be.  I can't claim to be a good coyote caller just because the area I hunt/live has so many coyotes in it I have to shhoo them out of the way to sit down.   I can't claim to be a good shot cause I ain't.  I personally have seen over 20 coyotes coming off a bait/dead pile many times. Unbelievable some will say and I could care less as this what I see.  I have shot four from one stand [within a half mile of my house] and retrieved them all[I do got to admit that shooting five and not retrieving any is tough to take but I'll believe it until something better comes along].  There is a lot of bickering going on for what reason I don't know but I feel I'm part to blame so with that said I'd like to give Dan Carey a personal apology right now for the mini attack I did on him.  I was probably out of line but I did what I did[Was kinda/sorta fun] and can't change it.  So sorry Mr. Carey.  How many of you can say you have seen more than a hundred coyotes in a day?  I can and many times, unbelievable some will say, but only because they don't live or do what I do.  Lets try and keep a friendly board fellows and if you don't want that then right here on this thread is the place to have at 'er as I won't mind at all.  Remember there are no swimming coyotes, right :wink:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

golfertrout

Barry i agree.  and the story about a hundred coyotes in a day    i believe you Barry and I would not get on here and call you a liar :yoyo:

FinsnFur

I believe every bit of that Barry. But one of the biggest reasons is because you have showed over and over and over what kind of person you are. The person telling the story is 90% of the believability factor.

Another reason I believe it is, there is a lot of desolate land up there harboring coyotes. Every acre down here in the lower 48 is so tightly woven with permission and ownership restrictions, and hunting pressure, that the high call in numbers are drastically reduced.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Jim there is a lot of desolate land up here as you claim but right where I am we don't consider it desolate just unoccupied.  We had more people living in this M.D.[County to you guys I think] in 1930 than now.  The simple fact that I have spent my entire life working outdoors[except for that four hour stretch that I hated so much I quit] lets me see this country and whats in it.  I know that if anyone believes hard enough that you can't call in 12 coyotes so that you can see them from one stand should contact me and I'll make a deal.  They come up here for three days in September and I'll take them calling[not hunting] and if in those three days I can't get them to see twelve coyotes from one set I'll pay all their expenses.  If they do see twelve[or more] from one set then they will pay my expenses on a trip to where ever they come from to allow me to see a called in turkey cause I ain't seen it so it would almost be unbelievable to me.

George Ackley

not to get off topic but you brang back a couple memories

Barry you will know what i am talking about because were you live,,  

I had a guy up north have 3 bulls fall though the ice why i was in town. with the help of a loader and trailer one bull went to the 1100 road and the next about 12 miles away and the last one up on the 5200 road.

well you know what I did for 2 days..  yep back and fourth. with a crazy anticipation going though my mined of what will be there this time   :eyebrownod:it truly amazing not only how many coyote you can see on a good bait but that they are there every time you go back  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:

funny story,, I would park about 1/4 mile from the bait and sneak up and shoot as many as i can and being the bait was in a large cut block it was more then one most the time, it seamed that one always had to stop to take a look at what just happened . but as i was walking up a young coyote (really small dog) walked by me with a bone 1/2 the size of him at about 15 feet and just gave me a look as to say good day sr.
I will never forget how he just trotted by staring at me with that big a$$ bone..

lots of guy dont know just how fast a 1000lb bull can turn into fur and bones

Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

pitw

I have heard of guys saying they seen over 40 coyotes coming from one bush that has been a spot for a deadpile/bait for years.  I believe cause I wasn't there to count.  One thing I find hard to believe was OKTrap holding up that dang snake :puke:. You can believe this forever, I will not be seen in a picture holding one of them vile creatures unless I have been txidermy'd :laf:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Barry, if I ever get the chance...I would love to call a turkey with ya......
Warning: I will tell some old turkey stories.......and I believe them to be true....
Showing you would be more fun though.... :eyebrownod:

I wish I had come up this spring.....maybe next ....as I would love to call and photo some yotes with ya.....Time will have to tell.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Todd Rahm

Barry, I'll miss on purpose so you only come in second to last.  :innocentwhistle:

Great post!  :congrats:

KySongDog

Hey Barry

Sounds like you got more coyotes in your part of Canada than we got ticks at the LBL.     :biggrin:   And that is a lot! 

pitw

Quote from: Todd Rahm on August 19, 2009, 08:31:07 PM
Barry, I'll miss on purpose so you only come in second to last.  :innocentwhistle:

Ooooohhhhh to be among friends is [size=35UNBELIEVABLEpt][/size]. :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

I've got a lot of coyotes around me Semp but I think the bugs win this contest feelers down.  That could have become almost unbelievable there Eh :whew:

pitw

Now you know how good I am with the puter to.  Unbelievable Eh?

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

Yep, I agree, you are pretty almost unbelievable, Barry.   :nono:

weedwalker

Quote from: pitw on August 19, 2009, 09:41:08 PM
Quote from: Todd Rahm on August 19, 2009, 08:31:07 PM
Barry, I'll miss on purpose so you only come in second to last.  :innocentwhistle:

Ooooohhhhh to be among friends is UNBELIEVABLE. :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

I've got a lot of coyotes around me Semp but I think the bugs win this contest feelers down.  That could have become almost unbelievable there Eh :whew:

Here ya go Barry.  I fixed it for ya. Belive it.......................................or not. :biggrin:

pitw

Thanks weedwalker  :bowingsmilie:  When folks help each other out good things come of it. :yoyo:

Bopeye

I'll make you one better Barry. Come on down here to my best places and if we call in 12 coyotes in a weekend, hunting daylight to dark, you are in trouble. I will consider you a good luck charm, tie your butt up and never let you go home. NOT EVER!!!! , well maybe in the summer time when I have no intentions of being bitten by ticks, chiggers, skeeters, copperheads and rattlesnakes.  :nono:
You would have to consider this your winter home and I can guarantee you better weather than where you are.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

pitw

Thanks for the invite Bop but I don't know of a place with better weather :wink: I mean how could anyone think there is something better than sitting on a wind swept knoll at -40F.   My luck we'd call in 13 and I'd miss 'em all :madd: