• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!

Started by bushmaster, August 22, 2009, 08:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushmaster

So its 4:30am and i just get home from work. I walk into my condo and put some leftovers in the microwave.  While the vittles are heating up, i sit on my couch.  I noticed movement through the living room window that overlooks my vehicles.  (The lights inside are off so no one can see me) As i peek through the blinds i spot 2 black guys rummaging around in my girlfriends f-250. Immediately, i sprint to the bedroom and grab my AR.  I sprint to the back door and come out weapon drawn.  The bandits are already pulling out of their parking spot and speed away. Not wanting to face a murder charge i lowered my 6.8 and called the cops.  The dispatcher refused to send anyone out because "it happens at least 5 times a night". It DID NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE THAT THEY STOLE A FIREARM. I told her that i know who did it and i'm going to kick his door down with or without them.  That changed her mind and they sent out 2 units.  The guy who i suspect lives upstairs from me and is constantly selling drugs right in front of my condo, has a history of selling cocaine, and is the only one who watches me carry my guns in and out of the house. 
    There was a clear handprint on the back window where they entered. the cops refused to set up a crime scene.  They took my statement and said to hold them at gun point if it happens again.  So now, my Ithica lever-action .22 that has been passed down through 4 generations is gone and nothing will be done about it.  Those Fuckers watched me go inside, broke into the truck; took only the rifle that was buried under a mound of clothing and fled in under 2 minutes.  What THE crap??!!! :argh: :argh: :argh: :mad2: :mad2:
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

Bills Custom Calls

Sorry to hear this Bushy

I would make sure he knows that you know he took the gun and you will be wanting it back
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

Confront them........Tell the cops your intent and that they are invited ......confront them....Bastards......
They should split their member with a rusty razor length wise and tie em to a pole in the middle of town and sick a kid goat on em...... :argh: :argh: And watch them bleed to death......
I am so sick of things like this happening.......AHHHHHH!

I have been robbed before......I aint been since.......they must be made an example..... :argh: :argh:
Try a friendly note of how nice you were not to squeeze the trigger as you recognized who they were.......
Tell em your right to carry still exists for now......in the event the gun returns......all will still be fine.... :nono:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

I'm surprised the boys wouldnt do anything about it. Must be a pretty rough neighborhood, and they've become numb too it.
Some video footage would be handy in a case like this. And then I think I'd either be shot, or in jail cause I'd go on operation recovery, fully loaded.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

I know how you feel Bushy. Several years ago my neighbors broke into my house while I was out. I knew who did it because of a phone call they made while they were in my house. The cops said I'd probably never see my three pistols that they took and there wasn't much they could do. :argh:
15 minutes after the cops left, I used a pistol that they missed and got my guns back.  :eyebrow:

Carolina Coyote

Bushy, Sorry to hear about this, I probably would have put a few marks on their vehicle with the AR to prove they were there. cc

Hawks Feather

That is a total bummer.  Losing a firearm is bad, but when it is one that has sentimental value, it is even worse.  If you haven't already called the pawn shops in the area you might want to.  They are probably looking for a quick turn around for some more cash for drugs.

Jerry

Bopeye

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 23, 2009, 06:47:20 AM
Bushy, Sorry to hear about this, I probably would have put a few marks on their vehicle with the AR to prove they were there. cc

I second that. Only problem is, they can charge you with attempted murder if you personally was not in imminent danger.  :rolleye:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

bushmaster

Last night, i posted on my porch and waited for any activity.  At 4:00am The guy i suspect peeks he's head around the corner and scopes out my porch. (mine overlooks the parking lot)  I was standing in the shadows and he never saw me.  He then proceeded to poke around the vehicles, looking through the windows.  after about 2-3 minutes of his scouting, he walked up the drive and into a stand of bamboo that has a path cut to the main road.  I followed.  Like i said, this guy is always in and out at late hours and is always on foot.  He turned onto the main road and i fell back to the darkest part of the bamboo stand.  I waited, until 6:00am and the sky began to turn.  But no darkie.  I called it a nite and went back to my condo.  Now i have an ideal ambush point that he frequents on a daily basis.  I will bide my time.

"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

possumal

Sounds like a Louisville Slugger flush in the teeth may adjust his attitude.  It is sad when you have to do what Weedwalker did to get your property back.  :argh:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

Just got back from a 4 day trip and saw this.  Sorry about the theft, bushy.   The cops are generally no help unless a body is on the floor.  I have found that 5 gallons of gas solves a lot of problems.  Just a thought.

Huntinbull

HYPOTHETICALLY

If you police your brass (or attach a piece of large panty hose leg around your ejection port), a shotgun loaded with buckshot really doesn't leave much in the way of ballistic information for anyone to gather.

End of HYPOTHETICAL situation.

I am normally much more moderate, but theft irks me. I had a mobile home that was set to be put on a lot. It was December 26th and I was returning "home" to this mobile home. It had no electric, no water, no gas, no heat, not anything. The inside walls were frosted due to condensation from a Kerosene heater I had run inside there the day before. The back door was standing open and all my guns had been removed. Inside the back door were two hand prints you could see with the naked eye. Two rifles,and a shotgun and a laundry basket half full of ammo were taken and the local police would not even take pictures or prints. Fired me up big time. I POLITELY pointed out the seal on the door of the police car that said protect AND SERVE. Never saw any of the guns again.

Sorry for your loss.

Huntinbull
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.