• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Little League World Series

Started by possumal, August 23, 2009, 09:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Hey Semp. Our kids from Russellville, Ky. didn't win, but we can still be proud of them making it that far.  I just watched the game between Japan and Curacao, won by Curacao 12 to 11.  Man, what a game!   The team from Warner Robens and the one from California are looking strong too.  It is encouraging to see the great sportsmanship shown by all these kids.  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

I know they check birth certificates, but some of the players look a few (many) years beyond their age.  The one kid from California looked big till I saw the kid from the Middle East.  Then they showed him with his brother that I think was three years older (probably 16 or 17) who looked like Labron James.

Jerry

JohnP

As we watched the game my wife and I commented on the size of the CA kids and wondered about their ages also.  I wonder if they in fact do check their birth certificates  once in PA or do they just take the word of the CA league of their age.  The kids and families of the KY kids should be damn proud of what their kids did. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

I'm proud of your kids too Al!! I just wish things woulda been a little better for them. That 1st game was a killer for those young men. I really hope they can win their last game there!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

possumal

Our Ky. kids took a pretty good beating all three games, but I'm still proud of them.  There are thousands of teams who didn't make it to the Little League World Series.  There are some really good teams in there this year. Go U.S.A.!!!  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff