• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Boys got a bike

Started by pitw, August 25, 2009, 09:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I finally relented and bought the boys a bike with a motor.  100cc Honda that is a 2006 model with 20 hours on it[looks it too].  $1,200 for the bike and two helmets[good or bad?].

I say what I think not think what I say.

Bopeye

Nice!!  :yoyo:

Just hope they are careful on it.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Barry,

I can't say if it is a good price or not because I really don't know.  But if they boys have a good time on it (and don't get hurt) then it is money well spent.  By the way, how long till you get the second one for your other son and then the third one for you?

Jerry

alscalls

I have broken many a bone on them things when I was young......had a lot of fun too though......
Be carefull.....as for the deal...... :shrug: I have not bought one in years.
I only ride 4-Wheelers now...With lots of suspension and racks and junk..... :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bills Custom Calls

Good deal as long as they keep the rubber on the ground  :yoyo:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

Jerry I had to go to Wainwright for parts for my sprayer today and I came across three young fellows [24-25] from west of me. One had a broken femur, one a broken tibia and the other a broken ankle :puke:.  You guessed it all from dirt bikes this summer  :doh2:.  I jumped on the little guy just as I did 30+ years ago and found out it wasn't 30+ years ago.  Don is still a little spooked by it but I imagine I'll have to buy another next spring.

KySongDog

An '08 Honda CRF100F goes for about $2,000 so I say you got a good deal considering the low hours plus the helmets.   Helmets are a GOOD idea on a dirt bike.

I had a Penton 250 once.  And a Honda ATC250R three wheeler which nearly killed me.  But that is another story.   :nono:

Bopeye

You've ridden a motorcycle before Dad? I'm shocked!!  :laf:

Bopeye

Quote from: alscalls on August 25, 2009, 10:02:05 PM
I have broken many a bone on them things when I was young.....

That explains the dumb and ugly......... :roflmao: :roflmao: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Silencer

Nice bike barry and I think its a good deal.   I'm not up on my dirt bikes anymore, that a 2-stroke or 4-stroke ? 

Tell the boys congrats  :congrats:

pitw

Quote from: Silencer on August 26, 2009, 04:10:36 AM
Nice bike barry and I think its a good deal.   I'm not up on my dirt bikes anymore, that a 2-stroke or 4-stroke ? 

Tell the boys congrats  :congrats:

4 stroke and it does seem to run awful nice.

FinsnFur

You got a heck of a good deal. :eyebrownod:
I cant wait to see the Motocross pics. Keep that camera handy, the flying loop D loop is my favorite. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: pitw on August 26, 2009, 07:40:03 AM

4 stroke and it does seem to run awful nice.

Barry said before heading out the door for a little ride.  Only to find out that the boys CAN get up REALLY early and beat him to "his" ride.  Barry makes a note to self. . . . 6 days and they will be in school and the bike will be MINE.

Jerry

Silencer

QuoteBarry said before heading out the door for a little ride.  Only to find out that the boys CAN get up REALLY early and beat him to "his" ride.  Barry makes a note to self. . . . 6 days and they will be in school and the bike will be MINE. 

:laf:     :yoyo:

Silencer

I should have know its a 4 by lookin at the head in the pic  :doh2: 

4's are nice, them 2 strokes are too snappy for most trails around here.

iahntr

Nice !   :highclap:  They'll have a ton a fun on that thing !  :yoyo:
Scott