• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Let's have a calling contest - for fun

Started by THO Game Calls, May 29, 2007, 08:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

Let's have a calling contest.

Blow your best rabbit distress - record it and send it off to me as an MP3 OR WAV file. 

I'll take the files, convert the wavs to mp3 so they load faster and put them up with a number.  No one will know who is who.  Members can then vote on the sound file they like the best.

Blow any call, custom, commercial, half and half - open reed or closed reed -   don't matter.

When we are all done, we can take the sound files and put them in the Tutorial section so new folks will be able to hear different callers and give them an idea of how they should try to sound.

No prizes - just for fun. 

Anyone can enter - call maker or hunter -

Anyone want in?   

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Rich

THO Game Calls ,
Count me in on this deal.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Rich

THO,
Can I use a lip squeak variation, or would that be cheating?  Question #2----Where do I send the chosen sound?
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

THO Game Calls

You can use whatever you want.   Send the sound clips to

Al@THOGameCalls.com   and I will get them posted.

We can call this

FnF  Idol  :roflmao:

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

studabaka

Sounds like fun to me and every contest needs a looser..   :wo: so count me in  :biggrin:

Now I got to figure a way to get it recorded...... BTW - what is the timeframe your thinking?
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

weedwalker

I could probably give studabaka a run for his money for last place. :laf: How long of a segment do you want? 15 seconds? 30 seconds? 1 minute?  :wo: I ain't real sure about how to record either. :confused:

FinsnFur

I love it...count me in.  :biggrin:

Stu and Ben....you should be able to record right from your PC. External microphone, or the lil jobber on your monitor. They all got em.
If you've never messed with it, it will most likely come out as a .wav file.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound recorder
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

15 seconds or so would be good.   We don't want anyone to cough up a lung blowing for a minute or more, and we need the files to load quicky.

We can just set a time frame of the end of June let's say.   That way we have lots of time to practice.   Keep in mind that each sound file will only have a number, so no one will know who is blowing what.  

Post any other thoughts you might have please.   I will see if I can come up with something for the winner after all.

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

awh

If....(Big if) the wife hasn't killed us by then for blowing them in the house, can we have a contest for the blackest eye received from the wifes? LOL

Sounds good. I'll talk it over with the Lilman tonight.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Bills Custom Calls

I am In if i can find the mike to the puter

Stu and ww You 2 will have to sound really bad to lose against me could be a 3 way tie for last place  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

weedwalker

I've already recorded my loosing entry. :roflmao: :hahaha: Now if I can send it....

Brad H

My mike seems to have been tossed out due to lack of use. I'll try to get something recorded and sent in, but either way, I WILL have a call for one of the top placers.

Brad

rwehuntn

Count me in. I'll get to work on it and subit tomorrow. Do you want us to identify the kind of call used when we submit the sound?

rwehuntn

nailbender

fnf  idol! :roflmao:  Sounds like fun!

keekee

I have a little something for the winner as well! Good idea Al!

Brent

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

canine

Good Idea Al...

Are we gonna go through all the sounds?  Howling??

JD

Arkyyoter

I will add a call for the "Booby" prize.....  :hahaha:  the last place finisher will get an Arky call.....