• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

2021 LBL Attendence

Started by coyote101, December 02, 2020, 06:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

I've called in 5 so far.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

riverboss

You did good Ed! From my trip I saw a Hugh decline in the numbers, I always see them early in the mornings crossing fields and see several dead along the road. Not a one this yr, but I did get to see and hear the hound hunters.
Time will tell, but I'm betting in the next few yrs the numbers will tell the truth?

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

HaMeR

We had a good trip & a lot of fun again on the LBL!! Always a good time with good Friends. We seen 2 coyotes ourselves whilst driving. One was in a no hunting zone. Those coyotes are so educated now they can apparently read the words "NO HUNTING ZONE". I'll be back next year as long as I'm able to do it!

On a side note,, there were a few missing faces. God speed to those that couldn't attend. Your presence was missed by many!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Goodtimekiller

We called in 1 and saw 1 hog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FinsnFur

Furdown fur sure :congrats:
I'm completely embarrassed that I let this thread slip past me like this.  :doh2: I planned to watch this and root for you all as I begged for photos. So much for THAT theory uh? :rolleye:
FWIW...I am glad it went off without a hitch, and that everyone made it home safe.
Any objections to me using the three pics that got posted on the LBL Site...does anyone have any others that we can add?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Jim, you can use mine. I don't mind.

Okanagan

Once again, when it comes to the hunting Weedwalker proves himself to be an exceptionally good coyote caller.  Good thread but I would enjoy more.

weedwalker

Thanks Okanagan, I was just lucky enough to be in the right place with the right sounds.

KySongDog

Weedwalker is not just lucky. He is the Yote Magnet!  If they are close enough to hear him, they are coming.   :readthis:

weedwalker

Thanks y'all. Ended up calling in 6. Semp killed 2, wounded one we couldn't find. I killed 1 and, uh, and uh, missed one at 8 yards. [emoji849] And one ran by out of range with no shot.

KySongDog

Hey Jim
Here is a couple more pics from LBL if you want them.

nastygunz

What's the 411 on those calls hanging around your neck?

KySongDog

Yotehunter , Critrcall, Haydel, and Primos mostly. The others are on for ballast and get regularly swapped out depending on my mood.  :eyebrownod:

I hunted with Weedwalker most of the time and he did 95% of the calling so I was lugging around extra weight.   :laf:   The LBL coyotes like Weedwalker.

I did pick most of the spots we called at though. We got lucky a few times.

FinsnFur

Thanks Ed and Johnny.
Just got done adding those pics. Thanks for sharing them. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I have a giant lanyard full of calls and use the same two or three most of the time. From my observations of weedwalker he is a Coyote Jedi.

weedwalker

Quote from: nastygunz on February 28, 2021, 11:16:37 PM
I have a giant lanyard full of calls and use the same two or three most of the time. From my observations of weedwalker he is a Coyote Jedi.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
My most used calls are a Pee Wee Crit'R call for rabbit distress, the green Lil Dog for pup distress, and a Yotehunter call from Brad.
Rabbit distress and pup distress is about all I use.
One thing I've noticed about pup distress, they're less likely to circle the wind and will most times come straight in on you from any direction.

nastygunz

The first one I ever called in was with a Johnny Stewart rabbit squealer. I blew on it for about 15 minutes  think I was going to call anything in said the hell with this went back to my truck got in it looked over to where I had been previously sitting  and a big old yellow coyote popped out of the brush about 10 feet from where I've been sitting ! :argh:

weedwalker

Yeah there's a lot of times I wonder if anything came in after I get up and leave. I don't usually stay more than about 20 minutes.

nastygunz

Do you use an E caller at all ?

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.