• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

hot wing sauce

Started by Silencer, March 31, 2008, 05:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

anyone here make thier own hot wings ?

I just use redhot and butter but add a little maple syrup too it so its sweet and hot... mmmm 

What do you use ?

iahntr

I like em  :yoyo:
But I usually just cheat and pick up a box
of frozen TGI Fridays ones.  :laf:
Not quite the same but I think they're pretty good.
Interesting to see if anybody's got any good recipes.
Scott

Silencer

thats alright, a wings a wing  :biggrin:  was wondering if it was just a northeastern thing or not  :laf:

the maple syrup not only sweetens it up a touch, but it helps the sauce stick better to the wing.
You dont want to add so much you taste maple.

nailbender

Anybody like teriyaki??   Yoshidas teriyki sauce  a big spoonfull of black bean sauce,  a couple jalapenos and some onions cut in quarters.  deep fry the wings.  Get everything else sizzling in a fry pan and dump cooked wings in to coat. serve with blue cheese dip.  onoins are excllent eating too! :eyebrow:

FinsnFur

Man...nailbender, I was reading that and I could real faintly feel my lower jaw dropping leaving my mouth hang open.
As the light behind me spilled a perfect outline onto my desk, I could see out of the corner of my eye, a long drop of saliva blossoming from my lower lip in the shadow, wobbling back and forth as it was about to break free and fall.

Then I got to the blue cheese part :doh2: :puke: It was like someone whacked me with a Louisville Slugger in the back of the neck.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

My wife makes a really good wing sauce. She uses the following:

1/3 Cup Pete's hot Sauce
1/3 Cup Margarine (don't use butter it clumps up)
Powdered Cayenne pepper to taste
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder

On the onion and garlic powders I couldn't tell you how much she uses. She just puts some in there, never really measures it. But it isn't to awful much. It is a really good tasting sauce.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

nailbender

:roflmao:  OK Jim ! Skip the dressing. I don't care for the blue cheese otherwise either, but with the wings its good. Especially if you leave too many pepper seeds in the batch. :argh:

bigben

when I make em I generally just buy fried wings and put sauce on em.  but I never really measure the amount of stuff put in it.  but there is tabasco sauce, the new chipoltle tabasco, a shot of malt vinegar, lots of garlic, red pepper.  if I do wings without buying fried ones.  I deep fry em without a breading on till they are allmost done.  then they go on the grill while spraying a vinegar butter mixture on it till done.  this gets em nice and crispy.  then the sauce goes on em.  and ranch dressing is better compared to blue cheese for some reason.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

ninthinning

Buffalo wings are deep fried with no coating or breading, just wings.  Put Crisco in a frier and heat to 370 degrees.  Fry to nice crispy golden brown.  The sauce is made by melting a stick of butter and sautéing five or more chopped or crushed garlic cloves then adding  plenty of Frank's hot sauce to the butter and garlic.  Add the cooked wings and toss.
Good eating,
9th
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Bopeye

I use to eat hot wings just about everywhere or anytime. Hooters, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, etc., but I got a batch that were still bleeding about six months or so ago............ :puke: :pout:

They still don't sound good........  :nono:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Coulter

We are reall picky about where we get wings from around here. We have had some bleeders too and won't go back to that place. That is just plain disgusting :holdon: We've found a couple of local places - nonchain restaurants that we we frequent. Well one of them is a pub, but they have awesome jalapeno poppers too and the only place I can fins a certain beverage :wink:

Steve

vvarmitr

I don't know what it's like around you guys, but here we have Wing Night at several eateries.
I've been going to this one place for about 15yrs on every Thurday night I can.  They call it the Brewway Broadhouse... er oops ... I mean Broadway Brewhouse.  It's on Broadway Street in New Philadelphia, OH., hence the name. Anyone that's any kind of a friend will end up w/ me there.  :wink:
Back to the recipe thing ...  Try a drop er two of Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce in your recipe. Start w/ one small drop for starters.  :innocentwhistle:  Coyote Kate puts a drop in her chilli & the taste it adds reminds me of the wings at the BwBh. Mmm  Mmmm Good!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin: