• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Old Timer.

Started by nastygunz, January 01, 2021, 07:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

The old dog is getting some years and miles on her but she still knows how to sniff out and push a snowshoe hare!

msmith

Good deal!

The last beagle I had got a real cold nose on him when he got old. It made for some frustrating hunts but it was nice to know the ol boy was having fun. Sometimes I would just turn him loose on the farm and let him cold trail until he got tired and came back to the house lol. Coon and rabbit hounds were always a good time.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

nastygunz

Yessir!  When I was a kid growing up in the green mountains in Vermont we had a whole slew of rabbit and coonhounds.  We always had beagles for bunny hunting and all kinds of coonhounds, walkers, redbones, black&tan, leopard curs.  There's nothing like hitting the Cedar Swamp after a fresh snow with a whole pack of beagles and all you see is white tail tips wagging in every direction  :yoyo:

Pop used to raise registered treeing walker coonhound show dogs,  and folks used to come from all over to buy our beagle puppies. Them show dogs could hunt too! He had two that were show champions during the day and  would run coon all night.  We had one little runty female Redbone that would run rabbits like crazy during the daytime and then run coon just as hard at night she was quite a dog for the runt of the litter.