• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

How was your weekend?

Started by awh, May 07, 2007, 09:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Me and Cam played a round of golf in the rain to benifit the Relay For Life Saturday. It's a yearly tournament I put on to help raise money for a great cause.
Then Sunday was spent spinning a couple of calls and fishing till dark. Cam's mom pulled in a 6 plus pound large mouth and was begging for the camera & scales. But we left them at the house and after she threw it back we began our picking, yelling that we never saw anything. Asking if she had caught anything yet....LOL (She didn't think it was funny.) The camera & scales are now in the truck glove box as well. :shrug:

So what about the rest of ya. Was ya out and about having some fun?
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

CypressSlough

Danny, I turned calls all day Saturday and was sitting on my butt at work Sunday. Today,  I'm at home with the youngen till ma gets home from work. Then I'm back to turning to get caught up again.  :biggrin:

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

studabaka

Well...... did I mention  :confused: ... er...ah... yep probably did  :biggrin: We're allowed two, so I made a few stands saturday, but no takers. Also worked on cleaning up and freezing a few wing bones to send Brent's way  :eyebrow: Sunday afternoon was mostly catching up on all the chores around the place, watching a bit of nascar & Tiger, and finishing up a couple otter for a guy.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

LOL  :laf: Your still shining Stu  :wink:

What did I do...I was going to take the girls golfing, they like mini golf. That got rained out so we went cloths shopping for them. Girls love that crap.  :iroll:

Sunday we headed out to do some fishing, and got rained outta that to...so we rented a movie and they spent the afternoon picking on their brother.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Saturday I went to an auction and it rained the whole time we were there as soon as we left it stopped raining,and all I bought was a chainsaw.Sunday Chris and I went out to eat then we mowed grass I turned a call or 2 and that is it.

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

Went turkey hunting in the rain Saturday & decided  to work a few hours at my PT job. Sunday found me chasing turkeys again until somewhere around 11:15AM. Then around 11:30 AM I heard some loud snoring. It sounded like it was coming from my right. So as I was wiping the sleep outta my eyes I decided to see who else was around me.  :roflmao: :roflmao:

I packed up & went home to the garage where I spun a few pens & pencils. :biggrin:

Then I took the wife for ice cream later & we went to check out one of the new hayfields that I just got permission to shoot groundhogs out of.  :eyebrow:

Watched a little TV & crashed at 10:00.

Yep,,, I think if Stu gleams any more I'm gonna have to say he's braggin!! :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

WhiteHare

Sat.  Met another FnF member in Lima at the Gun Show.
Some of you may know him as Hawk, I just call him Yerry.
Then we went to Happy Daz for a tenderloin sandwich.  Needed two buns for the size of the loin...good price too.

Sun.  Went Crappie fishing at Indian Lake....winds 20-25 mph so stayed in channel close to loading ramp.  They were having a Saugeye Tournament so fought trolling boats all day.  Really churned up the waters for Crappie but they were catching some really nice Saugeye.  I didn't take gear for Saugeye fishing.  One boat seemed to catch one each time they passed us.  I guess we were their good luck charm.  We only kept 8 Crappie.  All around 10-11 inches.

Came home and made up a couple of items that I have sold.  :highclap:
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Hawks Feather

Whitehare,

Your Saturday sounds much like mine.

Your Sunday sounds similar to here - wind that is, no fish.

Yerry

ohiobob

My youngest son(15) came to stay Friday night but only stayed 1 night because he had a party to go to on Saturday and on Sunday he had friggin paint ball,,he dont come as much as he use to but i told him i understand because i was once that age,,A LONG TIME AGO,,at 15 he has 2 things on his mind,,Girls and hunting,,and IN THAT ORDER
so i cleaned the garage and turned down a trip with the neighbor guy to go ground hog hunting and when him and his boy pulled into the field 2 coyotes were laying in the field,,well he got excited and ran around the truck and when he finally did shoot he MISSED,,i told him ,,i know a little bit about missing,
But all i did was the garage,here on fnf and watched a little Nascar on saturday night

Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Hawks Feather

Ohiobob,

I think at 15 the order is Hunting Girls and everything else is second.  But it wasn't any different when we were 15.   :laf:

Jerry

ohiobob

Jerry

you are exactly right on that one,,our priorities get ALL MESSED UP when we hit 13 and it just gets worse
I tried to tell him that the girls will still be there when we are done hunting ,but he said he wanted to be at the party FIRST!
Oh well he will have to learn like we did,,THE HARD WAY (no pun intended either  :nofgr:) of course he is learning this off of his 17 year old brother :shck:

Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???